Serious thoughts on Mccain/Palin [Wall-o-Text, Tard Magnet, Irons]

tl;dr
Tse Tse you fucking faggot
Stop drinking the liberal kool aid

and

McCain lacks the character and temperament to be president. And Palin is simply a disgrace. That is not conservatism; it is profligacy using conservatism as a mask.

yep! Well said.

And why does TseTse always claim that what he has to say are valid points anyways?

Did you have something to say about the points made?

Or are you just gonna spew silly flames and attacks? I assume you are not drunk this early in the day...

NO you retard. NOBODY CARES. You are an old hat with one schtick. Any you won't stop with this incessant obsessive quest to prove yourself on these forums. Get a life, grow up...actually don't do those. Just stop the political threads.

I dare a Mccain supporter to take issue with the specific arguments in this post without calling me names or playing partisan polemics.

The Real Mccain?

McCain rose to power on his personality and biography. He was authentic. He spoke truth to power. He was real. He was unconventional. John McCain has changed. He said, famously, apropos the Republican debacle post-1994, “We came to Washington to change it, and Washington changed us.” This campaign has changed John McCain. It has made him inauthentic.

In his desire to get elected, Mr McCain has been prepared to abandon some of the core beliefs that made him so attractive. As he geared up for this 2008 election, it became a different John McCain who was pandering to the base. That's what McCain is doing: dividing this country.

The “Straight Talk Express” has now been shut down. There’s a certain lack of seriousness in him. And he does not appear to be a reflective man, or very interested in domestic issues.

Lies & exploitation of "Honor"

McCain’s recent conduct of his campaign – his willingness to lie repeatedly and to play Russian roulette with the vice-presidency, in order to fulfill his long-held ambition – has reinforced my earlier, and growing, sense that John McCain is not a principled man.

McCain exploits the concept of honor and frames every disagreement in terms of honor and dishonor, so it is particularly revealing that he is willing to launch dishonest and dishonorable attacks, because this drives home how much his concept of honor is intertwined with his own visceral reactions to opponents and with his self-interest. The important thing about McCain’s lying about Obama and his positions, which he has been doing on and off for months, is not that it marks some great break with a previously honorable campaign style, but that it reveals the completely opportunistic approach to campaigning–and policymaking, for that matter–that McCain has embraced his entire career.

For McCain, politics is always operatic, pitting people who agree with him against those who are "corrupt" or "betray the public's trust," two categories that seem to be exhaustive -- there are no other people. It is arguable that
McCain, because of his boiling moralism and bottomless reservoir of certitudes, is not suited to the presidency. Unreadiness can be corrected, although perhaps at great cost, by experience. Can a dismaying temperament be fixed?

Fire the hot-headed Campaign for lacking seriousness

The McCain campaign knows that Obama isn’t a Muslim or a terrorist, but they’re willing to help a certain kind of voter think he is. But words can have more serious consequences than lost votes and we’ve already had a glimpse of the Palin effect. McCain may want to call off his pit bull before this war escalates.

It’s time for John McCain to fire his campaign. He needs to reposition himself as a serious but cheerful candidate. It seems to me the world has changed, but they are living in an old construct.

McCain lacks the character and temperament to be president. And Palin is simply a disgrace. That is not conservatism; it is profligacy using conservatism as a mask.

Palin is an embarrassment and an insult

There is now something infantilizing about this election. Sarah Palin is an embarrassment, and a dangerous one at that.

He put somebody unqualified on that ballot and he put the country at risk, he knows that. She doesn't think aloud. She just . . . says things. This is not a leader, this is a follower.

She doesn’t know a lot about foreign policy, doesn’t know a lot about the economy, and she sounds just as bad in friendly interview situations as she does in slightly more probing interviews.

The cancer in the Republican Party

She represents a fatal cancer to the Republican party... a populist tradition which scorn ideas entirely. In the end the Palin candidacy is a symptom and expression of a new vulgarization in American politics.

Probably the most depressing thing about Palin is not her selection but the defense of it. It has produced a parade of GOP spokesmen intent on spiking the needle on a polygraph. Looking right into the camera, they offer statement after statement that they hope the voters will swallow but that history will forget. The sum effect on the diligent news consumer is a feeling of consummate contempt for the intelligence of the American people.

That kind of thing is insulting to the American people.

Let it be known that the candidate for vice-president for the GOP is a compulsive, repetitive, demonstrable liar. You cannot trust a word she says. On anything. No politician is so popular and charismatic that they should be above accountability and telling the truth. Not even Sarah Palin.

The GOP have invited discredit

It therefore seems to me that
the Republican Party has invited not just defeat but discredit this year, and that both its nominees for the highest offices in the land should be decisively repudiated, along with any senators, congressmen, and governors who endorse them.

Barack Obama strikes a chord with me like no political figure since Ronald Reagan.

Most important, Obama will be a realist.

It gives me comfort just to think that after eight years of George W. Bush we will have a president who has actually read the Federalist Papers. So, to paraphrase a real conservative, Ronald Reagan: I haven’t left the Republican Party. It left me.

NO you retard. NOBODY CARES. You are an old hat with one schtick. Any you won't stop with this incessant obsessive quest to prove yourself on these forums. Get a life, grow up...actually don't do those. Just stop the political threads.

zomg talking about politics during an election
willy_nilly.gif

zomg why would we read what you say when we already prejudge it
willy_nilly.gif

zomg why would i waste time reading your drivel when i could waste time flaming you?
willy_nilly.gif

see another quality thread with tsetse vs fngr. this is NEW!

you mean another quality thread with tsetse posting something and then a bunch of retards troll, with nothing actually to say... cuz they are chicken shits without and principles.

right? :idea:

perhaps i am wrong... but there's a pretty strong empirical trend.

Every single person whoever ran has had to compromise their value system and legacy to run, including Obama, Reagan, Carter, Bush sr, etc.

However some have never really had any decent value systems to speak of, like Clinton, Bush jr, Kerry, etc.

Personally, I think both McCain and Obama are good men, so I think swing voters can vote based off their issues, where they differ alot. I will be comfortable with either man in charge, it will be a breath of fresh air. I think both will try to do whats best for the country. The Thieves in Congress will probably fight both of them whoever wins.

<3 @ those taking the time to actually read and chew on the OP...

Every single person whoever ran has had to compromise their value system and legacy to run, including Obama, Reagan, Carter, Bush sr, etc.

However some have never really had any decent value systems to speak of, like Clinton, Bush jr, Kerry, etc.

Personally, I think both McCain and Obama are good men, so I think swing voters can vote based off their issues, where they differ alot. I will be comfortable with either man in charge, it will be a breath of fresh air. I think both will try to do whats best for the country. The Thieves in Congress will probably fight both of them whoever wins.

Ive never seen a candidate compromise their principles & integrity this much in a single year.

Republicans need to stick to their principles rather than trash them to get power. That's what's really wrong with american politics right now. And i might add... many republicans are doing just that... drawing the line.

you mean another quality thread with tsetse posting something and then a bunch of retards troll, with nothing actually to say... cuz they are chicken shits without and principles.

right? :idea:

perhaps i am wrong... but there's a pretty strong empirical trend.

i see your claim and raise you

giantwtfog5.gif

(here is the ugly truth the remaining GOP apologists cant swallow)

The well-fed Right now cultivates ignorance as a political strategy and humiliates itself when its brightest sons seek sanctuary in the solitude of personal honor.

Those chickens we keep hearing about have indeed come home to roost. Years of pandering to the extreme wing have created a party no longer attentive to its principles.

Republicans are not short on brainpower — or pride — but they have strayed off course. They do not, in fact, deserve to win this time, and someone had to remind them why.

(here is the ugly truth the remaining GOP apologists cant swallow)

The well-fed Right now cultivates ignorance as a political strategy and humiliates itself when its brightest sons seek sanctuary in the solitude of personal honor.

Those chickens we keep hearing about have indeed come home to roost. Years of pandering to the extreme wing have created a party no longer attentive to its principles.

Republicans are not short on brainpower — or pride — but they have strayed off course. They do not, in fact, deserve to win this time, and someone had to remind them why.

I think I need to reiterate this one more time, because it bears repetition, but clearly
giantwtfog5.gif

Oh, irony, how yummy you are...

It's sad that basically the Bush/Mccain apologists cant even stand up to a challenge to discuss the issues, to seriously address criticisms like adults.

William Buckley must be swimming in tears.

I dont believe there are any "Bush/Mccain apologists" in the thread to discuss the issues like adults. How tragic.

Back