School Textbooks and Ipad/eReaders

ThUnda

Veteran XX
Anyone have any experience with tablets and their textbooks. I'm done carrying 30lbs of books/labtop to class every day.

I own an itouch so I'm familiar with that setup and know my publisher supports it (pageburst uses .vbk files)

are there any others that people have had experience with or know about before I throw down 600 on what is essentially a large iTouch?

It's also so I can sell books back while keeping the content.

Anyone have any exp with the HP Slate?

No experience with it, but the current HP Slate is a Win7-based tablet meant for enterprise use. I doubt it's battery life would do well in the situation you're talking about.

A standard eReader will have much better battery life. You'll sacrifice color, and unless you get the extra large Kindle, you'll be looking at a much smaller screen as well.

CES just ended, and there were about 8 trillion tablets (most of them Android-based) announced, many of which should be out this month or next. If they're done right, they should have similar battery life to the iPad.

What's an iTouch?! Ohhhh....You mean an iPod Touch!

On a side note: I'm rocking an iPad, and would have KILLED for one in college! Being able to bounce back and forth between a note app and my textbook would have been sweet! And on the iPad, with Epub files you can add notations, highlight, bookmark, whatever....Not too sure on PDF files, but there are plenty of PDF notation apps out there as well.

Back