Saturday Morning Cartoons

JoMo

Veteran XX
What happened to them?

They've been replaced by animal conservation shows, global warming stuff, and sciencey stuff? What happened to the mindless cartoons?

They have dedicated channels that play them near 24/7. Even that is a bit outdated, now the individual shows have their own YouTube channels, apps, etc, etc, and kids sit down with a tablet instead of a TV.

They were deemed too rasis and insensitive to the overly sensitive.

AnLlPY9.jpg

I remember a few years back while working for local TV the death knell of saturday morning cartoons... CBS was the last entity running them at the time, and we literally got a corporate email telling us there would be no more saturday morning cartoons.

My fellow Master Control ops and I got pretty drunk to honor the death of Saturday Morning Cartoons...

I've put as many as I can find in large quantity on my Plex server... All of the GI Joe's/Transformers/Thundercats/Smurfs/Snorks/Wacky Races/etc.... saturday morning cartoons happen every saturday here, and sunday.

The government mostly. They passed some bullshit requiring a certain amount of education programming per hour of childrens entertainment. There were some other factors, but that put it over the top and the networks dropped them.

edit: They also limited the amount of advertisements aimed at children. This was the big reason. Cartoons couldn't be profitable without advertising for toys and cereal.

Last edited:
Does anyone else remember when they would have shows on like a Wednesday or Thursday that would preview the new Saturday morning cartoons?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

kids didn't know you couldn't recreate what you saw on tom and jerry

and will e coyote without suffering real life consequences

now they just use bright colors and flashing images to subdue their autism

Watching cartoons & playing cops and robbers outside & being creative because you're bored as shit is now equal to watching YouTube poop clips & fingering the tablet

Back