Saturday gun thread

U gize do any competition shootering?

The local club does IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association) and Action Pistol (Getting Started - Action Pistol Shooting)

Plus - another local club just had a Zombie Shoot last week:

zombieposter2.jpg

I don't have a picture yet but here is one of a Jager AP-74. It is a replica of a Vietnam era M-16 in semi-auto .22. It was used for several years as a parade gun for a local VFW post and later was in a museum display for 12 years. Now that it was no longer needed, and my uncle knew I wanted it, he got it back and gave it to me as a gift. It is a great plinking gun and a lot less expensive to shoot than my AR-15. Last time I shot it I was 13 so I still need to break it down and clean it from one end to the other and check functionality. It doesn't show any signs of rust and has been in a display case with military uniforms for the past 12 years. I am very optimistic it will be good to go after a cleaning.
ap74_man_mags.jpg

U gize do any competition shootering?

The local club does IDPA (International Defensive Pistol Association) and Action Pistol (Getting Started - Action Pistol Shooting)

Plus - another local club just had a Zombie Shoot last week:

[IxMG]http://langhornerodandgunclub.org/practical/112908/zombieposter2.jpg[/IMG]

I've only done a TDSA course and a few PPC runs, never tried IDPA or IPSC. I'd like to, but for now Im gonna still with TDSA stuff. We're getting a dedicated range for it next spring it should be a blast.

Excellent courses btw, improved my shooting ten-fold.

Anyone own a S&W M&P 9?

I've rented one at the local range and thought pretty highly of it but I'd like to hear form someone who has owned one for a bit.

Bodyshot that's awesome. <3 my AR but it's so goddamn expensive to shoot these days. A .22LR copy would be sweet.

Welllllp.. Since my last posts, I joined the local NRA club and got into Action Pistol. Tonight, I took 1st place in 3 courses of fire!! I been pulling 5th out of 16 people, but I smoked tonight.

I'm really loving handgun shooting (im a pistol newb since nov 08, but lifelong shooter). It's great and the people have taught me soo much. I also do well at NRA silhouette and I am going to see what "Bullseye Pistol" is all about.

This low-level competition is great and really practical, too. There's so much out there, when you know where to look for it.

Anyone own a S&W M&P 9?

I've rented one at the local range and thought pretty highly of it but I'd like to hear form someone who has owned one for a bit.

Tappy - That's my gun and I like it and so have people who have shot it in real life. No, seriously. The Glock heads give me shit, until they shoot it and you can see their faces change. The ergonomics of it are just perfect. I have personally put at least 3-4K rounds of all types and have had one misfire (junk round) and no failures to feed and failures to eject w/ handloads and many others.

The trigger seemed tough @ first, but people call it "lawyer-like" @ 6 lbs. I dig that. I know it's not going off and shooting a hole in my leg or whatever unless I pull the trigger. I found that my trigger problems were my own probs and not an equip. issue. I trust my life with the M&P 9mm full size and so do other local PDs.

Back