Ryzom Open Beta

SouLNibbleR

Veteran X
Fileplanet is now hosting the Ryzom open beta client [~ 1 gig] and I was wondering if anyone on TW plays it. Also, would anyone be willing to host the client for a short period of time? Fileplanet gives me alot of grief...

Have any of you saying it's garbage played it? I mean it sounds like it could easily suck but for free and as a beta it may be atleast worth a try. Anyone who has played Ryzom it'd be nice to hear some feedback on the game experience.

Nah, I actually played it. What do you want to know? How fucked up the proportions on the characters are, or how girly the male faces look? Perhaps I can tell you about the extremely frustrating interface?

I only played for about 2 hours total, but thats my assessment.

Did any of you who played it give Lineage 2 or CoH a try and if so what do you think of them in comparison? What is Ryzom all about?

I downloaded Ryzom just now but I never got an activation key from fileplanet, so I can't register for the Open Beta, so I can't play it... oh well. Didn't need something to occupy me anyways.

BrEaDmAn86 said:
I downloaded Ryzom just now but I never got an activation key from fileplanet, so I can't register for the Open Beta, so I can't play it... oh well. Didn't need something to occupy me anyways.
How exactly do you get an activation key from them anyway?

Ryzom sucks, I played it. The character fighting and animation is rather shitty. Game just wasn't fun at all to me.

I stopped playing after about 5 seconds. This game is horrible, I hate the interface I hate the characters and I just hate everything about it. Good fucking riddence.
What a waste of 5 gigs.

I been in since closed beta stage 2. I dont really play much (because i dont find it all that fun) but i do beleive the game could be good when finished. But as it is it isnt really worth playing, many other betas were much more fun.

Back