Runtime Error? (aka please help me i'm dumb)

SmokeDog

Veteran X
IE has been giving me a Runtime Error, Object Expected or something like that and asking me if I want to debug. What's causing that and how do i stop it? Cause its annoying as shit and popping up all the time.

Thanks in advance

Obligatory chick:
hot_chick.jpg

:bump:

Ugh, someone's gotta know something i can do, its starting to get pretty annoying. And why the hell would I want to debug something anyway?

Heh could be anything, what version of IE, what version of Windows? When does it happen (upon loading IE? certain pages?)

One wide ranging problem that many TW people might notice is having k-lite codec pack 2.20 installed. It will cause problems with ole32.dll I think? Maybe some other .dll, anyways if you have that version of the k-lite codec pack uninstall it and put back k-lite version 2.10

But too few details to really help sorry

edit: also may try clearing your cache, running windows update... just standard debugging steps that might work for you

You're right, I wasn't even thinking

WinXP
IE v 6.0
P4
k-lite v 2.4.2

Its happened on lots of different pages.... It seems to be random, cause sometimes it'll do it several times in a row, sometimes just once every now and then.

Thanks Magikal, btw.

SmokeDog said:
You're right, I wasn't even thinking

WinXP
IE v 6.0
P4
k-lite v 2.4.2

Its happened on lots of different pages.... It seems to be random, cause sometimes it'll do it several times in a row, sometimes just once every now and then.

Thanks Magikal, btw.

Hehe don't thank me, consultant's link is probably better for you. If it is just script debugging that comes up, and nothing is crashing IE, then you probably should just turn off debugging as his link instructs. You don't need to debug everyone on the net's code heh, just ignore it no problems :) You probably just installed somethign that enabled it

That was it consultant, thanks a ton, that was annoying the shit out of me.

But now IE crashed twice in a row when i tried to delete temp files =/

i find it funny that the picture of the "obligatory hot chick" is hotchick.jpg :)

as for your runtime error:

if you have an illegal version of the windows xp, it is most likely going to be fixed by GETTING a legal version (or at least the legal key) and downloading the service pack 1.

Back