Rome: Total Realism 6.0 released today

Walking_Man

Veteran X
I remember there being quite a few people here who played Rome: Total War. You will want to check out RTR 6.0. It's a huge total conversion for R:TW with realism in mind. New campaign map, new factions, new units, new skins for original units, new gameplay mechanics (zones of recruitment), and more.

http://www.rometotalrealism.com

Untitled-4.jpg

carthage.jpg

*edited cause i couldnt type english there for a sec*

great game, got bored of it though. i love long range artillery decimation :D

fuck i just started a new campaign with 5.4.1, god damnit But this is an awesome mod

I still wish I could find a crack that worked for 1.2 :(

The only crack I can find is a mini image, but it blue screens my PC whenever I start the game with it mounted.

Can anyone help? :)

Someome please please PLEASE find me a working 1.2 crack! I'm DYING to install it! I've been playing the game a lot lately, and I'm so fucking sick of all the idiot problems with the AI in 1.1. Stupid shit like how they suicide their generals and stand there and let you shoot them. It makes the game absolutely NO challenge at all. Oh and how your troops constantly get stuck in testudo formation.

DrJonez said:
Someome please please PLEASE find me a working 1.2 crack! I'm DYING to install it! I've been playing the game a lot lately, and I'm so fucking sick of all the idiot problems with the AI in 1.1. Stupid shit like how they suicide their generals and stand there and let you shoot them. It makes the game absolutely NO challenge at all. Oh and how your troops constantly get stuck in testudo formation.

There is no such thing

Figure out the mini-cd :shrug:

I spent hours when I last reinstalled R:TW trying to find a no-cd to no avail

: (

MeSlayer said:
There is no such thing

Figure out the mini-cd :shrug:

I spent hours when I last reinstalled R:TW trying to find a no-cd to no avail

: (

There's nothing to figure out really. I've tried every thing I can think of, and every single time, instant blue screen as soon as I start the game.

Wtf, did they get all anal and install FUCKYOU copy protection when they released 1.2? And why isn't there a crack yet? The patch has been out forever...

Fuck this shit.

DrJonez said:
Yeah, a list of what this mod does other than "makes it REALISTIC" would be good :)
I remember in the magazine article that it had stuff like improved AI, more accurate renditions of weaponry and uniforms, and something about the campaigns--but I can't remember exactly what it was.

I remember them saying that nothing had really been done to improve online play.

DrJonez said:
Yeah, a list of what this mod does other than "makes it REALISTIC" would be good :)
They had a big guide up this morning, but it looks like they switched their site to a low bandwidth version.

Honestly, I could give a shit about RTW multiplayer :p

All the Total War games have always had 100x better single player. If there was a multiplayer version of the campaign where all the nations could be played by players, that would be the shit. I dunno how they'd work out the gameplay, but it'd be awesomeness.

Also, the Barbarian Invasion expansion that's coming out looks pretty cool. It adds a lot of new features that sound like fun.

Back