Riposte & SCT

Ender P. Wiggin

Veteran XV
I picked up a Vis'kag two days ago and now I'm on a "crusade" to get SCT to properly display a message whenever I parry to remind me to mash my riposte key.

The SCT shit I currently have in the lua file is:
Code:
[31] = {name="Riposte!", search="(.+) attacks. You parry.", r=256/256, g=0/256, b=0/256, iscrit=1, class={"Rogue"}},

I know that parry is already defined in SCT for when you parry normally, but after turning that off my custom message STILL doesn't display.

Does anybody know how I can remedy this?

/script if (UnitMana("Player")>=10) and (IsUsableAction(14)) then CastSpellByName("Riposte");end
/script if (UnitMana("Player")>=40) then CastSpellByName("Sinister Strike"); end

Action 14 being riposte on your bar in slot 14. This only casts riposte when its up and you have >10 energy. If it isnt up and you have >40 itll SS instead.

Spamming 1 button are fun.

Zephir said:
/script if (UnitMana("Player")>=10) and (IsUsableAction(14)) then CastSpellByName("Riposte");end
/script if (UnitMana("Player")>=40) then CastSpellByName("Sinister Strike"); end

Action 14 being riposte on your bar in slot 14. This only casts riposte when its up and you have >10 energy. If it isnt up and you have >40 itll SS instead.

Spamming 1 button are fun.
I use this one.

As for SCT drop the .+ like snow said, and see if that fixes it. Also you may want to check that the number at the front of the string is unique. It should be using the same parry check that the other (default) one was.

I'd also suggest making an SCT entry for your Vis'kag, whenever mine procs I have it pop up FATALITY! and sticky like a crit, it's pretty :D

Code:
/script if (UnitMana("Player")>=40) then CastSpellByName("Sinister Strike");end
/script if (UnitMana("Player")>=10) and (IsUsableAction(7)) then CastSpellByName("Riposte");end

That's what I use now for SS & Riposte (Thank you, Zephir). In regards to Vis'kag, I don't really care for when the proc goes off... I do, however, like the SCT spam from Sword Spec & HoJ. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Oh fucking god I have been battling with this for a few days too. I used to have a warrior that would spam OVERPOWER in an iscrit on SCT so I wanted the same with riposte. It just does not like parry. I eventually gave up and made their parry go iscrit and bright pink. It gets the job done :shrug:

SCT already has a defined message for when you parry, hence the reason you're unable to make a Riposte message. I found that one out after editing the default parry message ("Parry!") to "Parry!/Riposte!".

snow said:
maybe try taking out the attacks.

search="(.+) You parry.",

also remove the period.

there are two parry messages: one for normal parries, and one for special attack parries.

Person attacks. You Parry.
You parry person's Mortal Strike.

having SCT search for just "(.+) you parry" should fix this.

Back