RIP Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins

Fuck. Might explain why they never showed up to the after concert for Abu Dhabi Grand Prix with no clear explanation. back in November. Yeah that fucking sucks at 50 years old but 25 years touring with the Foo Fighters takes it's toll I guess.

RIP

Wonder if he picked up some Fentanyl laced shit by accident.
That is getting to be OFN.

dang, two relatively young people died from the Foo Fighters band/stage crew within a year suddenly and unexpectedly. i wonder why.

:Hmm:

iu

That really sucks. Hawkins had a lot of drug troubles in the past. It's a shame it caught up to him. Never liked Pat Smear, why not him instead!?

Sucks, like Grohl always seemed like a genuinely nice dude.
Supposedly kicked heroin in 2001 so who knows, sometimes shit just happens.

I'm very sad over this one. He was one of the best drummers ever, and a genuinely nice guy. I've seen some very good drummers die during my trips around the sun, but this is a very sad one. He will be remembered as one of the greats.

Wow really sad.

I hope out of respect they pull all songs from the radio and car commercials so I don't have to hear that phony positivity crap on a daily basis ever again.

Wow really sad.

I hope out of respect they pull all songs from the radio and car commercials so I don't have to hear that phony positivity crap on a daily basis ever again.

Repped++

In my lifetime, I've had Bonham, Moon, Neal Peart, Joey Jordison, and now Hawkins fail while I'm still alive and honestly, losing Hawkins is just a punch in the chest. He was so good, probably better than Grohl (there, I said it), on a par with Bonham, Peart or Moon, and while we don't know what happened, I can already say it's such a waste of life. He was only 50, and had so much to give and contribute yet. This is just awful. :(

damn.

Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins died of a drug overdose, according to a report out of Colombia which cited official sources.

“Colombian authorities found: marijuana, antidepressants, opioids, heroine. At least 10 different substances found,” tweeted journalist Luis Carlos Velez on Saturday afternoon, citing Fiscalia Colombia, the national attorney general’s office.

Hawkins, 50, was found dead in a hotel room at the Four Seasons Casa Medina in Bogota, on Friday.

“According to those close to him, the death could be related to the consumption of drugs,” the Metropolitan Police of Bogota told El Tiempo hours after the drummer’s body was found.

A police officer said a “cocaine looking powder” was seen in the hotel room, claims Velez, while national newspaper El Tiempo reported that authorities “found hallucinogenic drugs” but “no signs of violence in the luxury hotel room.”

“Colombian authorities found: an empty beer can, an opened bottle of vodka, a Coca-Cola bottle, and some ‘other articles’ being analyzed by authorities,” Velez reported.

Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins died of a drug overdose: report

edit: there's no way a toxicology report comes back in 24 hours, right?

Last edited:
Back