[RIP] Celebs who have died in 2021

Atreides

Veteran XV
Thought I'd make a consolidated thread since people are dropping on a weekly basis it seems. We've had RIP threads for many of these but some were a surprise to me. I included some people who are probably too obscure to care about but w/e. Post anyone I missed that you think are worth mentioning.

merlin_11980445_b6c99e12-800c-4fa5-93b8-dffb8ace0ebf-articleLarge.jpg

Dusty Hill - ZZ Top

1000x-1.jpg

Dustin Diamond

118436_0_wide_ver1619548544.jpg

Joey Jordison - Slipknot

DMX_a_p.jpg

DMX

HGn7iJ6.jpg

Richard Donner - Guy who Directed these childhood classics

60a409bb2100009c797f1d3e.jpeg

Charles Grodin

Samuel E. Wright

25xp-walter1-mediumSquareAt3X-v2.jpg

Jessica Walter

GettyImages-56707260_ke542b.jpg

Paul Mooney - comedian

images

Siegfried Fischbacher

prince-philip-birthday-photo.jpg

Prince Philip

03f5884cf3754e029e029af82e05d5e6_md.jpg

Rush Limbaugh

GettyImages-105267705w.jpg

Larry King

christopher-plummer-dead.jpg

Christopher Plummer

mira-furlan-babylon-5.jpg

Mira Furlan - B5 / Lost

LARRY-FLYNT-OBIT.jpg

Larry Flynt - Hustler

John Paragon - Jambi the Genie

00Markie02-mediumSquareAt3X-v3.jpg

Biz Markie - Rapper "Just a Friend"

Christopher Plummer was such a great actor, and people have no idea what a great impact larry flynt had on this country.

Chick Corea dide.
Man, I loved listening to Chick in college. It was like a discovery and gateway into jazz for me.
RIP Chick Corea.
Here he is from 5 years ago in one of the NPR Tiny Desk Concerts with Gary Burton

Montreaux 2004

Chick with Paco

Chick with Al Dimeola

Chick with Stanley Clarke - nice acoustic duet with Stanley on a stand up bass

So much more great music.
He is one of my favorite Saturday/Sunday Jazz musicians ever and he was so chill.

RIP again Chick Corea.

Awww - Bunny Wailer :(

1973 with Bob Marley/Peter Tosh

Here he is ulting in all his rasta glory
iu

Man, that's a time capsule right there. Are infomercials still a thing? I would suspect Amazon took over the cheap useless appliance market.

Chick Corea dide.
Man, I loved listening to Chick in college. It was like a discovery and gateway into jazz for me.
RIP Chick Corea.
Here he is from 5 years ago in one of the NPR Tiny Desk Concerts with Gary Burton

Montreaux 2004

Chick with Paco

Chick with Al Dimeola

Chick with Stanley Clarke - nice acoustic duet with Stanley on a stand up bass

So much more great music.
He is one of my favorite Saturday/Sunday Jazz musicians ever and he was so chill.

RIP again Chick Corea.

I have a DVD (yes, I'm old), of Chick Corea with Bobby McFerren, that i treasure. I played classical piano for 11 years, and to my ear, Chick Corea was one of the best I've ever heard.

He said about piano one of the best quotes I've ever heard-- he was asked by a kid, "How do I know when I'm getting good?" Chick replied, "when you are less concerned about your fingering, and more concerned about tone, you're good."

I loved that man, and will miss him forever.

I'd rep you Vanster but it says I must spread the love.
I'm listening to the NPR vid of Chick and Gary Burton and it is perfect for the day.
It makes me wonder if we are ever going to see musicians like those two or hear organic music like that again.

I'd rep you Vanster but it says I must spread the love.
I'm listening to the NPR vid of Chick and Gary Burton and it is perfect for the day.
It makes me wonder if we are ever going to see musicians like those two or hear organic music like that again.

It wont let me rep either of you cause you are bogarting my loves yous guyses

Back