resupply stations

Keweenaw

Veteran XV
I don't think I've seen these outside of the SP levels, but I could be wrong I haven't played all the maps extensively yet.

Could they be used as features in for user created MP maps?

They're always outside also, and never up in matches, so they are pretty useless. It's 10x easier to go to a deployable inv.

The one in Arid can be useful if it's up. But since it's in the same area as the flag it's always down so actually, I guess it's pretty worthless. Nevermind.

If the inv stations were out in the open they would get destroyed too. If you are gonna go into base to use resupply station whats the point when theres an inv station already there?

Unless you decide to cover it up a bit like Santa did for the inv station in his dx remake.

Resupply and inventory stations should recharge your energy immediately. There's just no point in stopping to rearm if it doesn't give you the ability to move out immediately.

The invs are weird that way. If you hit an inv with low energy and switch down to a smaller armor, your energy is instantly refilled. If you just tap the quick button to reload health/ammo or switch up to a larger armor, it does not instantly refill. It does however keep the same relative amount of energy when switching up. ie. The bar stays at the same amount, but the number jumps up.

That last part is probably horribly explained but I'm not in a thinkin' mood right now.

Amadeu5 said:
Resupply and inventory stations should recharge your energy immediately. There's just no point in stopping to rearm if it doesn't give you the ability to move out immediately.

You can refill almost immediately, just by walking up and tapping shift on Invens... Resupplys still require Use action or whatever on them. "Injecting" health and it taking it a lil bit to fill up is probably moreso a balancing factor, because it would suck to have a Heavy almost dead, then he have a Deployable Inv, gets it deployed quick enough and is able to tap Shift and is instantly full again.

Amadeu5 said:
no, then a sniper could stand right next to it and be able to spam full energy shots.

byteasc said:
You can refill almost immediately, just by walking up and tapping shift on Invens... Resupplys still require Use action or whatever on them. "Injecting" health and it taking it a lil bit to fill up is probably moreso a balancing factor, because it would suck to have a Heavy almost dead, then he have a Deployable Inv, gets it deployed quick enough and is able to tap Shift and is instantly full again.
I know they keep healing you after you used them, and I'm not saying they should heal you in an instant, only that they should fill your jets. When fleeing from some chasers, I'm just as much (if not more) of an easy target if I stop to rearm and become a sitting duck with full health than if I would just keep moving and be barely alive.

TeckMan said:
no, then a sniper could stand right next to it and be able to spam full energy shots.
Inventories are usually quite deep inside the bases, so your jets would recharge anyway in the time it took to go inside, refill, and go out to the sniper position again. Resupply stations are more out in the open, though in not very good sniper spots. That just makes them easier spam targets, so even if someone was doing what you say, you could just take down the station with ease.

Back