[Request] Consumer Product Recommend: Robo vacuum

Highfive

Contributor
Veteran XX
Who here has a robo vacuum they recommend? I wanna get one to keep my basement tidy

I need one that can dynamically maneuver around shit. not concerned w price

ty

I see you are an Appliantologist.
I suggest an L Ron Hoover.
OR - how about an XQJ-37 nuclear powered Pan-Sexual Roto-Plooker?
You could call it Sy Borg.

Last edited:
Roomba® 675 Robot Vacuum | iRobot

Available from amazon. I personally think it has the best price point. The only feature it doesn’t have than more expensive units is the floor mapping. Otherwise it has wifi and works with Alexa or google. I have google home so I am more familiar with that app, but you can fit it into routines, schedules, etc. my only complaint is that since it doesn’t do mapping, it’s moving around seems like a drunken sailor on shore leave in Bangkok. But it works fine.

We have the Roomba 675
One of the cheaper that doesn't program areas. It cruises around randomly.

Works great in our 2 bed/2 bath condo with all flat tiles.
Best thing is it gets under our bed and furniture; places that would normally just stay dusty and hard to get to.

It's battery time ~1 hr 45 mins is just enough to pretty much do a good job on the whole place. Ideally we should program it to run 4days/week automatically... but

There's always stuff on the floor that should be cleared: cords, stuff in the bathrooms/bath mats, kleenex and stuff that it can't pick up, objects to move so it can get to places to clean...

After every three or so cleanings you have to empty, clean rollers, clean wheels, unscrew the twirling brush and clean hair ... takes time/maintenance.

We like it. I might pay more next time to be able to program it to only clean certain areas...but not sure about that. Usually I just close off doors if I want only a certain area worked on.

yeah we have a 3ish year old roomba, works great though would perform perfectly in an open floor plan type layout (our house is a 50s Cape style). we put ours in one room at a time and block it from being able to leave the room until it finishes it's cycle.
the mapping layout is intriguing, will have to investigate for an upgrade

I have the Roomba with the base that has a vacuum that cleans out the bot every time. It maps out the whole house and then at that point you can define rooms with lines on the map. Then you can set it up with Google and just say ok Google clean house or clean kitchen and it does whatever room you say. It's pretty nice.

I have it set to clean the whole house every Monday and Friday on a schedule.

nice
I've tried to figure out the 'intelligence' of the 675.
If I lock it in the bathroom, it does not just keep bouncing around for 1 and a half houirs. It will stop like in 30 mins,,, so it must figure out... fuck, i'm locked in a small space and stops. But I think the one havax has doesn't do so much a somewhat random pattern that eventually cleans everywhere...

havax, does your model look like it goes up and down rows since it knows the floor plan? ? or is it still kinda random bouncing around the room

nice
If I lock it in the bathroom, it does not just keep bouncing around for 1 and a half houirs. It will stop like in 30 mins,,, so it must figure out... fuck, i'm locked in a small space and stops. But I think the one havax has doesn't do so much a somewhat random pattern that eventually cleans everywhere...

havax, does your model look like it goes up and down rows since it knows the floor plan? ? or is it still kinda random bouncing around the room

No, it is completely random. When it bumps into something it tries going around it. If it can't after several tries, it sets off in a random direction.

nice

it maps the floor, so it does go back and forth instead of random directions, unless there is something on the floor or out of place, then it tries to go around it, but it usually picks back up to go back and forth again.

Get a Sri Lankan.

Send me one. I'll have a slim dark one with a nice little set of boobies. Can you send me some care and maintenance info too? Like how to feed and care for my new Sri Lankan slave for best results.

my mom gave me one for xmas when she had to spend airmiles. a few years later it's still sitting by my front door in the box... i've offered it to friends and no one wants it

Back