[RELEASE] TRIBES FTW

Ryez0r

Veteran XV
GREETINGS FELLOW TRIBALWARRIORS!

I present you with a gift..
TribesFTW.
A fully scripted, fully mapped, fully patched, fully easy to use Tribes installer.

It can be installed in three varieties:

--
sPuNkiE Red~~~~~~~~~MadZack Green~~~~~~~~~Rye Blue

It includes the following:

TRIBES v1.30 LastHope
Hudbot
SmalesHUD (with some tweaks)
All current competition maps: DOX, OC2, REZ, LT

NOTE: Currently only working under 1024x768 & 1280x1024 resolutions.

This config has been a labor of love for me for quite sometime now, and finally I have hammered out most of the bugs that afflicted it for so long. The primary focus of this config is to be as clean and efficient as possible.. and get you playing Tribes again in one simple setup. :D

I did not include any of my skins or base textures, so you'll have to take care of that on your own. The Readme found in the setup wizard, and in the directory that you install to, contains my notes and the controls I use -- and at any point, you can change them in config\prefs\s_prefs.cs.

At any rate, alert the press, phone a friend, do whatever you need to do to get yourself and others playing again, and most of all:

Enjoy! :sunny:

Oh, also, if anyone would be so kind as to mirror the setup file, that would be great, as I don't know how much bandwidth I have with my host. :p

-edits-

Thank you Colosus!
http://www.tribalwar.com/files/TribesFTW_v1.exe

Updates / Optional Fixes:

Tribes FTW Multi-patch

This patch includes:

1024x768 Resolution (Bottom, Top, TopCenter HUDs)
1280x1024 Resolution (Bottom, Top, TopCenter HUDs)
MadZack's Green HUDs
Spunkie's Red HUDs
Rye's Blue HUDs (If you've changed, and want to go back.)
Jumpjet Fix.
SarcaStick's Base Textures
PhantomStranger's T2 Model Replacements

Widescreen Update:

Widescreen support still eludes me.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
nice (all you people that wanna join in on the weekly C&H)

Woo-hoo! Thanks Col.. I reallly appreciate it.

-

Hudbot doesn't support dynamic HUDs, so currently those are set in fixed (x,y) positions.. Although, I might be able to release a few more renditions for the lower / higher resolutions. ;-)

-

Also, to everyone.. thanks so much for the support so far. I neglected to mention also what an awesome script pack SmalesHUD is. It has a lot of cool scripts like KillPop, KillSound, StatHUD, FarMine/Gren Toss, WaypointFriendly/FoeCarrier -- It's quite awesome.. So big props to Snakes and whoever else worked on that!

SEV!! Thanks for the support buddy.. it means a lot. :)

GoEnglish_com_BeatADeadHorse.gif

Back