[Release] Feigned Beliefs

I'm excited about the mapping in T:V, the maps that we've seen so far are brilliant. This map is simply amazing, the night sky is awesome.

fair warning right now, we found out there are some problems when this map is put on a dedicated server. just visual things, nothing that affects gameplay, but PR24 is checking over it and seeing what can be fixed. as of right now i have to sort of classify this as a preliminary release, and the fixed up one hopefully out before the weekend is up. drop by the riven PU tonight to test out this map as well as stormdance and verdant. #riven in irc.

thanks guys, sorry to let any of you down. i had tested it at home and it was perfect as could be... *sigh*

Stormdance and Verdant are final/finished maps. This PU game is to have fun but we will see how they play for the idea of placing then in to the comp rotation on the TWL ladder.

If you're still going to do some work on it, you should really take a look at the lighting. I like the idea of a dark map, but some areas are TOO dark. There are a number of deep valleys that are just totally black. This is mainly in the upper right, and lower left corners near the edge of the map. It's a pain to drop down in there and not have any clue where the bottom, or even the slope is and end up just cratering and losing all your speed.

Also, decrease the tile size on the grass layer, it's huge.

Other than those 2 things a wonderful map (again) :]

Good stuff.

So, did you beat that error or did you have to revert?

BTW, you might want to think of adding some ambiant light to offset these complaints of "too dark".

A nice blue light will give the impression of difused moonlight without adding too much visibility.

Worth a try anyway.

Last edited:
yea i've been working to get those errors out of the way. PR helped me out with that clipping effect, and added a few touches here and there of his own (greedy bastard just wanting your name on another map). i replaced the FF with another one and built it... just waiting for a time where we can try it out again.

and yes, i did add a few more ambient lights here and there throughout the terrain.

Geiss said:
yea i've been working to get those errors out of the way. PR helped me out with that clipping effect, and added a few touches here and there of his own (greedy bastard just wanting your name on another map). i replaced the FF with another one and built it... just waiting for a time where we can try it out again.

and yes, i did add a few more ambient lights here and there throughout the terrain.

Just helping a friend. No need to mention my name :)

I'm running a dedicated server in Germany and Feigned got stuck eacht time the server wanna load the map. I don't have any problems with other custom maps but with Feigned. Did you tried it with the Beta Dedicated Server ?

Here is my current maprotation

MP-Emerald
MP-Dash_Beta < custom
MP-Tropics
MP-Fort
MP-Verdant < custom
MP-Spiridian
MP-Stormdance < custom
MP-Cavern
MP-FeignedBelieves < custom (problem)

i'm still teaking around the lighting and fog effects right now. i've been waiting on irc to come back up to talk to death to load it up on riven, just to test it for any remaining bugs. hopefully by friday this will be out as a final.

oh, one other note... i dont know if this map will work on the beta servers or not. if it doesnt, you'd have to ask someone on the VUG staff why it works on retail versions but not beta.

lol i've still been working on it, hopefully i'll get a chance to test it on a dedicated server tonight when i get home from work. i did a few minor terrain tweaks, as well as a few minor tweaks to the bases for each team.

Back