Release date for Tribes: Vengeance in Australia?

MC Hamster

Contributor
Veteran XX
Old thread I just dug up on a search seems to have been closed..

Any word on an official release date in Aus yet? Since it's like.. been released in the US already and was, after all, made here? I've seen October 14 posted on gameswarehouse, though EB again didn't seem to have any idea.

I mean.. I'm buying this game, no doubt there. But you guys really make it hard on a fella when, in a time when I can play a game with someone on the other side of the planet in live, real time, I have to wait weeks to get hold of that same game that friends are already playing.

You want to cut down piracy? Here's a scenario: Little Billy really wants to play this new game that's just come out. He's been playing the demo that's been available for a while and really likes it.

He can either:
a - wait for a few weeks, then go out and buy it, or
b - log on to the net, and have it now. He might even justify it by telling himself he'll go and buy it when it's available. But when it comes 'round to it, he's already got it, and it's playing fine, so why go out and spend $90 for no apparent reason?

Seriously, which do you think is going to happen?

I'm not advocating piracy, not at all - like I said, I'm absolutely buying this title. But you've got to see how much delayed releases actually hurts yourself?

---------------------

Cliffs:
Got an Australian release date anyone??
(largely irrelevant rant linking simultaneous releases and piracy)

Last edited:
Oct 14th is the date that was given (EB are still giving out the old date though), but yeah it does suck that it's made here and we still have to wait over a week to get it (And as far as I know we don't even get a DVD release as some kind of trade off for waiting).

But one of the biggest pains of having to wait is trying to avoid the spoilers that people are no doubt going to post everywhere.

It was made here.. but it is published by VUG. It being made here makes little difference. The fact it looks to be better then 3 weeks wait like it was last time is positive result.

Beren said:
It was made here.. but it is published by VUG. It being made here makes little difference. The fact it looks to be better then 3 weeks wait like it was last time is positive result.

Tribes Vengeance was coded in: Australia

Mass-printing of Tribes Vengeance CDs happened in: U.S.A.

Just to clarify why U.S. got it first, or help rather :)

enDless_Delirium said:
Tribes Vengeance was coded in: Australia

Mass-printing of Tribes Vengeance CDs happened in: U.S.A.

Just to clarify why U.S. got it first, or help rather :)

er yes.. that is basically what I said. However, I would think it has little to do with where the cds are pressed. Different countries have diff distribution networks and so forth, VUG is based in the US, thus its distribution networks are bound to be more closely linked and thus get crap faster. I believe Jack of All Games distributed T2 in Au. I am not entirely sure of how their relationship works with VUG if they are being used again, and what other countries would use that distributor etc.

same situation in the UK, a big games store here has no idea of the game, its not even on their release list, the only positive thing i can draw from this is that all the release problems will be fixed by then, no doubt i'll find a copy to play the SP version on till then, or get someone to buy and ship to me and stick the cd key in, its an option i suppose, but why the hell is it a staggered release again?

Back