[Red 5] Firefall

Darklord

Veteran X
So...this looks somewhat promising. Red 5's game is called Firefall, due out late 2011.

Beta signups are now, FIREFALL

No skiing in this video im watching yet or anything particular similar, but there are jetpacks. Looks like it has a pretty indepth class system, with an assault class, a scout class, and maybe an engineer class (from the cinematic), and more to be added/announed

Visuals seem similar to borderlands. Business model is the same as Riot Games with League of Legends, free to play with microtransactions to sell non-gameplay changing stuff.

Developer Dream Team Red 5 Studios® Announces Groundbreaking Shooter "Firefall"

Full article:
Spoiler

Last edited:
those arent jetpacks, they're booster packs :mad:

and I see no skiing

all I see is some ex blizz guys riffing on the whole tyranid/zerg/bug swarm again

I got 3 minutes into the gameplay trailer

boooring ;/

The FAQ says they are showing the 'coop open world gameplay' at pax, but not the competitive multiplayer stuff. The extended defense of the thumper (resource extractor thing) was a bit too long for the video, I agree.

Edit:
The press release also specifically mentions the Tribes Lead Designer is on the team, did we already know that?

Last edited:
Looks like it could either be a lot of fun...or insanely repetitive. Looks pretty and has a lot of potential, I'll have to keep an eye on it.

well the lead designer was the designer of Tribes 1

it looks interesting, though i want to see the competitive mp, not co-op

game looks fucking great (visually) - gameplay looks interesting. can't wait to see what they have planned for multiplayer, pvp, or whatever they are calling it these days

yes we already knew that cornboy was on the game....scott youngblood...thats how Col got his foot in the door at Red 5...because Scott knew him from Tribalwar.

It's scott youngblood, lead designer of T1.

And haggis, I saw you post on their forums, did you get an account activation email? I didn't get one.

yeah i did. check your junk folder?

also

"whats up, whats happening"

also

i guess this isn't an MMO anymore? Is it more like Borderlands? 4 player co-op or something?

Last edited:
The gameplay video was boring until they started that defense of the city. That actually looked pretty good. Will try this at PAX and report back.

i guess this isn't an MMO anymore? Is it more like Borderlands? 4 player co-op or something?

It looks like when you're doing the PvE stuff it's open world so while you're doing your own mission, other people might run across you and decide to help. We see that in the gameplay vid during the defense of the thumper and during the flight back to the city. Plus there were all those people running around the city during that attack (I'm hoping that's a random thing that just happens whenever).

Last game someone said had jetpacks and was like tribes was section 8

You boosted a bit - then fell like a fucking rock and were glued to the ground,

SUCKED ASS>

Back