[RC cars] Nitro powered

RezPunk

Veteran XX
who here has them?

im trying to break my car in but its like below freezing. am i wasting my time?

i ran the steps it says to run but i cant keep my engine temps up to remove my igniter.

will the cold temps make it hard to impossible to set the low-end on this?

it is a CEN Ct-5 touring car

Bring it inside for a while and let it warm up. Then take it outside to somewhere sheltered so it won't get cold and fire it up.

my car would pwn the socks off of yours

I just re-read my original post and I could see where you interpreted this as a challenge to you and your car and more importantly your manhood,

All I'm asking is for some information from people that may have a bit more tuning experience than I do.

I used to own two.

They're a huge money pit, and hassle.

They're for when they run, fixing them is a hassle. Parts are expensive and cheaply made.

edit: tuning is a bitch :(

WHOA. Bunch of little whiny baby bitches in here. Telia just makes some jokes and you start crying tears into your little panties. :cry:

They are very easy to tune, just have to know whats up

this is what i am asking, "whats up", one way to make your self smarter is to find someone that knows more than you do and ask them,

so my question is now, should i wait to do this untill warmer weather? or should i just find a warm garage to get it right then have some fun with it?

WHOA. Bunch of little whiny baby bitches in here. Telia just makes some jokes and you start crying tears into your little panties. :cry:

I sure was crying :bigthumb:

this is what i am asking, "whats up", one way to make your self smarter is to find someone that knows more than you do and ask them,

so my question is now, should i wait to do this untill warmer weather? or should i just find a warm garage to get it right then have some fun with it?

If you tune it in cold weather you're just going to have to retune it again when the weather changes. The design is very simple and it's easy to get in one spot, but i usually had to tune my car/truck about once a week to get it running optimally for the current weather.

When i had my truck i ran it in snow, that was fun. I had my car on the icy roads but it even awd didn't help it too much. It ran fine after adjusting everything.

who here has them?

im trying to break my car in but its like below freezing. am i wasting my time?

i ran the steps it says to run but i cant keep my engine temps up to remove my igniter.

will the cold temps make it hard to impossible to set the low-end on this?

it is a CEN Ct-5 touring car

wrap it in alluminum foil, and like a few socks around the cooling head. That will get the temps up pretty fast, depending of course how cold it is there.

Just for reference, you should be tuning ur nitro RC EVERY time u take it out, if u part it for a day, the weather has changed enough that it warrants a few tweaks.

Your right though that you can get it to a certain point where it will start and run, but it still needs tweaks to get it to optimum power, and you want to cause optimum power ='s more power and better fuel economy.

Last edited:
i had a HPI Savage 25 before i went to basic, thing was badass but i sold it to pay bills between the AF and my old job. Was a money pit, and i already have enough of those so i havent gotten another one :(

edit: FUCK now i really want another one, thanks jackass

Last edited:
I spent about a grand in shit for my T-Maxx. I hate Traxxis. Replaced just about everything on that truck.

I sold it for 200$ a few years later :-|

I hate money-pit hobbies.

Back