Random lock-ups in game?

Xagothae.1

Veteran X
After installing an Audigy 2 and a XP 3200+, my games (all of them =/) will randomly lock-up accompanied by distorted, sometimes high pitched sound. The game is completely frozen and I have to do a hard reset. I have a 9700 Pro and never had this problem before the A2 and processor. I've google'd it and searched Creative's site and didn't find any real fix for it. Anyone had the same problems and resolved them?

Xagothae.1 said:
After installing an Audigy 2 and a XP 3200+, my games (all of them =/) will randomly lock-up accompanied by distorted, sometimes high pitched sound. The game is completely frozen and I have to do a hard reset. I have a 9700 Pro and never had this problem before the A2 and processor. I've google'd it and searched Creative's site and didn't find any real fix for it. Anyone had the same problems and resolved them?
latest drivers for everything?

what motherboard? chipset?

OS?

Latest drivers, yes. 3.9 cats along with the latest A2 drivers from creative. I have an A7N8X (so nforce 2 chipset) that I disabled the onboard sound on, still nothing. Also, I'm using windows xp.

so you used to have a different proc, and used the onboard audio, but recently you put in a new sound card and cpu?

take out the sound card and see what happens.

this happens to me also... i've found no fix for it yet.

AMD 1.33 GHz
Geforce 2 Mx/Mx 400 (w/ the 53.0 drivers)
256 mb ddr ram
soundblaster live!
K7VTA3 mobo (w/ 4in1 drivers)
win xp pro

Last edited:
I thought the nforce onboard audio pwned the audigy2.

I didn't know via STILL made really really crappy chipsets.

Chikaze said:
I thought the nforce onboard audio pwned the audigy2.

I didn't know via STILL made really really crappy chipsets.
Eh, subjective argument. My onboard got really quiet in the back speakers in spite of everything I tried.
I got the lock ups to go away, I just had to move the A2 to a different PCI slot.

Back