[Rally] Team O'Neil Rally

RezPunk

Veteran XX
not that anyone cares or what ever. but heres a little bit of my life and what i do.

i am a codriver in a front wheel drive 1.8L subaru impreza, and we competed in the Team Oneil Rally in Dalton NH.

Pics of us,
On A Limb Racing Rally Photography

a video of us on Stage 7,

TON Rally 2010 - Union Long 2 on Vimeo

i know its not a Ken Block Fiesta or a Travis Pastrana Subaru... but its ours and we like to drive the wheels off of it.

we are in need of more power, that 1.8 is struggling up those big hills. we are planning on a 2.2L cammed and chipped before our next race. should get us up in the 150hp range.

anyways... flame on.

That looks really fun. Does it get expensive?

My wife and I have been thinking about doing the Rally school up there for one of our anniversaries.

yeah the sport can get expensive, but we are a fairly grassroots level team. our total event cost including entry fee and hotels and food for us and our service crew.

entry 500
hotel 2 rooms 2 nights 400
food and beverages - 200 estimate
new tires for this event, 6 new rally tires at 140 each...840
so yeah... with all those expenses and travel costs to and from towing... we reached about a 2k budget for this race. and we split the cost evenly.

its a fun sport but it does get a little pricey.

the team i used to work for, would get a new barrel of VP 109 octane race gas PER event and that is just under 500 a 55 gal barrel right now. and they would also run 12 new BFG rallytires per event, at 240 a pop.

the price they pay to be a top contender in open class.

im good running slower speeds in this car...thanks.

oh and click on the link in my sig for more info on taking classes at Team O. its a GREAT place to learn how to control your car in any condition.

we offer winter safe driving classes which i highly recommend. rally driving is fun but the winter classes will save your life if you live in an area that gets any snow.

Back