quick strike ring ------> warrior

bud

Veteran X
tonight a warrior from my guild got this ring. is it just me, or is this clearly a rogue item? warriors should be going after +def +dodge parry gear, not fucking rogue shit. am i right to bitch about this?

bud said:
tonight a warrior from my guild got this ring. is it just me, or is this clearly a rogue item? warriors should be going after +def +dodge parry gear, not fucking rogue shit. am i right to bitch about this?

Yes youre right, I've been saved by my +def/parry gear in pvp so many times ..
or not?

why should warriors only get items that benefit PVE ? and the non tanking warriors contribute greatly to the dps in MC.

This goes to warrior/rogue and the band that drops off ragnaros goes to hunter/rogue

bud said:

it's cleary a melee item; rogue, warrior, whoever doesn't use ranged attack. might/wrath gear will be great for pve with all the % chances to dodge and parry. but when warriors want some teeth in pvp we need high crit % and + agil like any other melee class. we did mc tonight as well, and if that rung would have dropped, i would have been interested in it. any decent warrior will have pve tank gear, and dps/crit/pvp gear.

also, i am assuming you're on a pvp server. on an rp server i guess you might have a better argument...but i wouldn't know.

btw, my guild divides loot based off a dkp system. does anyone else's guild use this type of system? i can't imagine having to roll for drops in mc.

Quick Strike has gone to warriors the last 2 times it has dropped for us. DKP system here.

Our A/F warriors don't want anything to do with the new wrath/might, so they end up spending their points on other items.

at first i would have probably rolled on this ring, but now i think a warrior is better off with 2 bands of the ogre king or bands of flesh. as a warrior in pvp i think you have to look at stamina first, then crit %, then str, then agility. sacrificing nearly 200 hp for 1% crit doesnt work for me when i can get crit from armor and still get some hps out of it too.

PvP is about how fast you can kill your enemies, not how long you can last, that ring is way superior to any blue rings in the game for a warrior.

Die Hard!!{SDB} said:
PvP is about how fast you can kill your enemies, not how long you can last, that ring is way superior to any blue rings in the game for a warrior.

Doesn't mean that he should jump in front of a class who's only benefit is damage output.

Die Hard!!{SDB} said:

this is so far from true.

so tell me, what's your role in PvP as a warrior? taking damage? No one's gonna attack you first before the cloth wearers. Your job is to take down the enemy healers/cloth wearers/rogues, a warrior with low crit is useless in PvP, you need to dish out huge burst damages and kill someone before they can be healed, and you can't do that by pumping stamina.

Warriors are also great damage dealers, unless i am tanking, I can always keep up with the rogues in the guild damage wise, and easily out damage any rogues in Magmadar/Onyxia fight.

yup its all about crit.. sure you might do well with tank gear in 1v1 duels but in random group encounters its all about burst damage

so you would prefer to have 1% chance to crit over 18sta and 18str? you can get crit gear on nearly all armor without giving up so many stat points. and i never said that a warriors role in pvp was to take dmg but using your thinking i should be wearing +atk power +crit leather, if i wanted a glass cannon i would have rolled one.

the ring we're talking about has 8stamina,5 str, 1 crit and 30 attack power

now you tell me which ring has 26 stamina and 23 strength and 30 attackpower and ill wear it

Boston said:
so you would prefer to have 1% chance to crit over 18sta and 18str? you can get crit gear on nearly all armor without giving up so many stat points. and i never said that a warriors role in pvp was to take dmg but using your thinking i should be wearing +atk power +crit leather, if i wanted a glass cannon i would have rolled one.

First, tell me one ring that has 18 str/sta. No such thing? Ok. Next, open your eyes and take a look at quick strike, +8 sta, +5 str +30 attack power +1 crit. +30 attack power = 15 str, so the ring has +20 str.

No ring in the game can compare to that for a warrior when it comes to PvP.

Going leather? who the heck said going leather, there are plenty of +crit plate items in the game.

1. we use the DKP system to decide.
2. we base "class need ladder" off of PvE content not what is better for PvP
3. of the 5 we have gotten, 4 went to rogues.
4. the one warrior got it because rogues had/didnt want

so yeah you kinda got screwed

Back