Quick Gmail question

slacker

Veteran XX
I think I remember a while back someone explaining how to change your gmail address in a way that you could sign up for something using a modified address and it would still show up in your gmail account.

Such as:

My account is mail@gmail.com

And I could do something like "mail*1@gmail.com" and "mail*2@gmail.com", etc, and they would all just go to "mail@gmail.com"

Am I dreaming?

Log in to gmail, go to settings, then google labs, then activate the multiple inboxes app

set the new inboxes to "to:email+work@gmail.com", "to:email+jobs@gmail.com", etc, then now your gmail has multiple inboxes for each of these aliases.

You can also add a period anywhere (or multiple periods for that matter)in the e-mail address. If your e-mail is TomBrady@gmail.com, Tom.Brady@gmail.com or even Tom.B.r.a.d.y@gmail.com works too.

Although, if you signed up with Tom.Brady@gmail.com, I don't think you can remove the period, but you can add those extra periods. heh.

That doesn't show up as t.b..r.d.a.e.d.y@gmail.com. I think the aliases would be a nice way to find out who sells you to spam.

myname+facebook@gmail.com
myname+twitter@gmail.com
myname+something@gmail.com

They show up in your inbox as to myname+something@gmail.com you can trace back what site sold your email address and then block all incoming mail to the dirty address.

That doesn't show up as t.b..r.d.a.e.d.y@gmail.com. I think the aliases would be a nice way to find out who sells you to spam.

myname+facebook@gmail.com
myname+twitter@gmail.com
myname+something@gmail.com

They show up in your inbox as to myname+something@gmail.com you can trace back what site sold your email address and then block all incoming mail to the dirty address.

Son of a bitch.. this is an ingenious idea; especially if I had known this when I first got my gmail account

Back