[Question] Network Gurus gogogogo!

pino

Veteran X
SO

I got my new computer up and running, but its in my basement, and my wireless router is in the top floor of my house. I have bought a signal enhacer but the signal is still weak. what can i do to get the signal stronger.

unroll a paperclip, straighten it into a "U" shape, plug it into an electrical socket while holding the end.

You have now enhanced your signal. Oh and its always good to wear a tinfoil hat while doing this, it will make the signal even stronger.

Crypt said:
unroll a paperclip, straighten it into a "U" shape, plug it into an electrical socket while holding the end.

You have now enhanced your signal. Oh and its always good to wear a tinfoil hat while doing this, it will make the signal even stronger.

Crypt said:

:rofl:

pino said:
SO

I got my new computer up and running, but its in my basement, and my wireless router is in the top floor of my house. I have bought a signal enhacer but the signal is still weak. what can i do to get the signal stronger.
Move your computer out of the basement.

Or sandpaper.

Or what Crypt said.

Beef Welington said:
what the fuck is the difference between a repeater and a network booster?

Or a paper clip bent into a "U" shape inserted into an electrical outlet?

Seriously, it's obvious which of the three is the most cost efficient.

Beef Welington said:
considering medical bills or funeral costs, probably the network booster.

A network booster is a snake-oil remedy sold on late night television along side cell-phone boosters, while a repeater receives a weaker signal and rebroadcasts it to the local vicinity at higher power.

Duh.

:D

A network booster is a snake-oil remedy sold on late night television along side cell-phone boosters, while a repeater receives a weaker signal and rebroadcasts it to the local vicinity at higher power.

Duh.

And the paperclip/tinfoil hat fix I recommended is a snake oil remedy that will broadcast YOU to the local vicinity at a higher power!

Back