Question for Gun Loving Muuuuuricans

Why u use the excuse that the right to bear arms protects you from a government gone awry. Im sure your gun loving Christian militia will protect you from a M1 Abrams.

This is not 1797. You can't just get your bros together, drill for two weeks and march against a bunch of doods with more or less the same weapons as you.

Your AR-15 and 4 years of Call of Duty experience is not going to do shit when Uncle Sam comes for your ass.

Also, before you guys point to the success of Jihadist fighters against a technologically advanced multi national military force. Afghanis were put on this Earth to fight. Muuuricans in the 21st century are probably the least physically intimidating people in the world. If you could defeat an oppressive government with your waist lines, that's a whole different story.

shitthread.jpg

OP is under the assumption that the majority of the military would fire upon american citizens. This isn't the 3rd world. Guns are, and always should be, a deterrent long before action is required. It is like a Nuke for a country, it gives you power without having to use it.

It's just fun to shoot targets. I don't need guns to protect myself or feel that I need them to protect myself.

OP is under the assumption that the majority of the military would fire upon american citizens. This isn't the 3rd world. Guns are, and always should be, a deterrent long before action is required. It is like a Nuke for a country, it gives you power without having to use it.

Pretty much this. I am friends with many in the military and I would say the vast majority of them would not fire upon civilians in the even of a revolution. In fact, I think many would actively take part against the government.

:sunny:

Why u use the excuse that the right to bear arms protects you from a government gone awry. Im sure your gun loving Christian militia will protect you from a M1 Abrams.

This is not 1797. You can't just get your bros together, drill for two weeks and march against a bunch of doods with more or less the same weapons as you.

Your AR-15 and 4 years of Call of Duty experience is not going to do shit when Uncle Sam comes for your ass.

Also, before you guys point to the success of Jihadist fighters against a technologically advanced multi national military force. Afghanis were put on this Earth to fight. Muuuricans in the 21st century are probably the least physically intimidating people in the world. If you could defeat an oppressive government with your waist lines, that's a whole different story.

The point isn't to stop the tank but to force them to destroy what they want to control

Yawn.

Americans really don't need to use the 'militia' reasoning. This is an armed country with armed criminals, and people should be armed well enough to defend themselves.

Back