Quake Champions - Debut Gameplay Trailer

If it weren't for mods Quake would never had been a thing.

ya sort of like team fortress... it was like CS for HL1 and dota for wc3. spawned a whole genre of gaming

then theres this champions crap... how the mighty id has fallen. its probably their last attempt to stay relevent. ofc someone like reggs likes it, i bet he shits himself everytime a new CoD title comes out.

Last edited:
Only way this will work is if the classes are not designed around teamplay, but rather just different loadouts. If they literally make a Quake-skinned Overwatch, there will be no point in bothering with it.

They should've just made a new Quake-live, hyper skill-based shooter instead.

Quake CTF was a mod too I think. We passed it around at lans like other mods/skins/maps. There was no copy protection on games like quake, or tribes 1. Both those games probably made lots of money from Q2 and T2 with copy protection etc. The free entries, helped get them out there. Now: $90 retail with online account rego, access codes to download most of the content, early access, paid dlc. Worthabuy being annoyed at poor quality trash looking for dollars gets my big tick. He'll do more reviews as it progresses.

Last edited:
With 15 million people having bought Overwatch I can see why they would want to try to tap that class based gaming action.

I would be surprised if they can crack a million players unless they have some creative game modes which is going to be pretty hard given the lack of carry over on the map designs. You're pretty much tied to doing variations on deathmatch and maybe having CTF/Domination modes.

Map DLC "season pass" bullshit kills it, they'll do the same thing as Doom and it's multiplayer is dead as dog shit.

its sort of what happens when the key founders+devs leave a company... all your left with is jews. i bet even EA and activision were wholesome little indies that made amazing games once upon a long ago

Only way this will work is if the classes are not designed around teamplay, but rather just different loadouts. If they literally make a Quake-skinned Overwatch, there will be no point in bothering with it.

They should've just made a new Quake-live, hyper skill-based shooter instead.

reflex is cpma i think.
and that already exists and is a really good community game.

those games while awesome aren't v good as spectator games and currently that's a huge driving force for this stuff.

yah classes really ruined games like those shit games tribes and tfc

i know you all are terrible @ videogames here but at least use a fraction of your brain

reflex actually keeps getting bigger but its moving at a freight train up a hill pace

if it gets more momentum its gonna get bigger and bigger up until official hard release (and marketing)

reflex seems to be picking off a lot of the more hardcore comp players that weren't satisfied with ow or tf2 cs:go scenes and want to try something new

this quake game looks like a potential big miss like Doom multiplay vs due to the champions

Last edited:
yah classes really ruined games like those shit games tribes and tfc
then how come every game doesn't have skiing and jetpacks?

your logic is flawed - just because something works somewhere doesn't mean it will or even should work everywhere else.

I doubt a new quake would do well in this market being the game it traditionally has always been. it's just too difficult for this generation of gamer imo.

it seems to me a lot of marketing execs in gaming are new to social markets in general and completely deny the existence of cyclical trends

alot of young men that want to be the next pro gamer/designer/forum e-sports /idiot also r pretty blind by this type of total ignorance of nature

then how come every game doesn't have skiing and jetpacks?

your logic is flawed - just because something works somewhere doesn't mean it will or even should work everywhere else.

I doubt a new quake would do well in this market being the game it traditionally has always been. it's just too difficult for this generation of gamer imo.
my logic isn't flawed

classes don't necessarily ruin anything

Agreed but they don't necessarily bring anything either.

Best case for iD is this game draws in a good sized new playerbase however they're drawing from the same pool already playing other class based shooters.

Thats best case. In any case they're alienating their core fans or at high risk of alienating that core base.

They shouldn't have called it quake anything they should have come up with a new title and said things along the lines of quake like movement, speed, skill, etc but they didn't. Now they're inevitably going to piss off a lot of people for the sake of being a me too also ran class based shooter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Agreed but they don't necessarily bring anything either.

Best case for iD is this game draws in a good sized new playerbase however they're drawing from the same pool already playing other class based shooters.

Thats best case. In any case they're alienating their core fans or at high risk of alienating that core base.

They shouldn't have called it quake anything they should have come up with a new title and said things along the lines of quake like movement, speed, skill, etc but they didn't. Now they're inevitably going to piss off a lot of people for the sake of being a me too also ran class based shooter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RAGE Champions

would be a fitting name.

paladins has cheese abilities too, but they were mostly tied to very agile characters in open area maps that were using projectile base weapons

it v fun 2 play with some cheese mechanics u get from special magical cards etc

if quake can pull off a moba and still retain doods like rapha etc. legitimately, i'll be impressed and happy

midair or ta2 and reflex cpma hopefully get included too in the remerging/developing team sci-fi shooter genre

I wonder if MMORPGs like Ultima doac are going to come back now too

Last edited:
Back