Put your nexting skills to good use

So I am trying to sell my quad online, and this morning some douchenozzle tries to scam me. Normally, I just don't reply and let them go bother someone else. But I've always wanted to try scamming one of them back, unfortunately I have no computer skill beyond turning it on.

So this guy, Brody Clay he calls himself, texts me from brodyclay2@gmail.com. Asks me if my quad is still available, what is the condition and service history, and wants me to reply back via email, which I thought was strange since he texted me, why can't I just text him back? The number he texted me from is +15877797626

I emailed him the info, and got this reply:

Thanks for getting back to me, i just wanted to make sure nothing is been left out. I will be buying this for the price you have listed it for. Payment will be sent using PayPal and i will handle the PayPal surcharge as well. I will arrange with a shipping company to have this picked up at your location once i have paid as i am out of town at the moment. Am a marine engineer and due to the nature of my work, phone calls making are restricted,so you can send me your PayPal email account so that i can send the payment at once and its easy to sign up for one just log on to www.paypal.com ,i will be responsible for the pick up charges Note: i'll also include the Shipping company's fee so kindly Get back to me with your PayPal email account so i can proceed with the payment thanks

At this point I knew for sure it was a scam. The question is, is there any way to find out who the guy really is, or is it a lost cause?

how u next sum1 when u hav no clue all u have is fake name and number

dang dis d00d slow

o fuk he neg me 2 he mad LOL

You ever hear of scambaiting? There are websites dedicated to it, and plenty of examples on how these guys track some scammers down, scam others, have fun at scammers expense. So I guess it must be possible. Since some of the guys here seem to be good at things along these lines, I figured I would see if they could.

Apparently, you can't. That doesn't mean it can't be done, it just means that it can't be done by you. I can't help that :D

Send me your routing numbers off the bottom of your check and I will deposit monies in your account.

- Start up Ok Cupid account
- Get guy convinced you're hot chick who wants to help him relieve his 'Army stress'
- Agree to exchange laptop for a cheap flight ticket to come see him
- Get ticket, call airline, change airfare to a destination you want
- Get sex change, change identity, etc so that your name matches ticket for the TSA, DHS, etc
- Vote Hillary 2016
- Marry Chechen immigrant, Allah Akbar

Something went wrong somewhere along the line there

Internet, friend or foe.?.?.?

Guy apparently already has a reputation on other sites for doing the same thing. From boats to cars......

587-779-7626 / 5877797626 is a landline | WhitePages

In regards to attempt to reverse look up his # Distributel Communications landline from Calgary, AB

Since you said he texted you the number, I wouldn't hold my breath on any of this shit being valid. Only the established scammer part. Dude is most likely a Nigerian scammer like all the rest.

Back