[Puppy!] Please help in naming/training my new puppy! PICS

Amazon Jim

Veteran X
So I got a new puppy - saved her from a friend taking her to the pound. Black lab german shepard mix, 8 weeks old.
She plays a little, but is mostly getting use to the new place. Had a few accidents, but all in the same area and I have been taking her out
every 30 mins.

Never had a puppy before and she is well mannered so far. She walks up to my side when on leash or behind me and stops if I do. I don't keep the leash tight either.

Yay for puppys! Now, I needs a name...and training advice.

:sunny:

wmwd3.jpg

KilRf.jpg

LYrUD.jpg

Last edited:
Puppy Pads absolutely

Build up routine and crate him at night (take him out at same times, walks at same times, bed and food at same times etc)

If you have a house I recommend putting a child gate up and then teaching him upstairs is not allowed; just makes your life easier.

You need to exert dominance over him because in a few weeks he will start getting very nippy and playful and he will need to learn limits. I personally use my index finger and middle finger together and point once saying no and then the second time lightly tap his nose (hard enough to feel it but not hard enough to hurt him, like a flick). Also reward positive behavior with treats, hugs, walks etc.

But above all be 100% consistent. Don't let him up once on the couch because you're lazy/lonely, or the other 4 months of keeping him off will be out the window.

gl they are maddening and awesome

if youve never had a dog to train, get a professional to help you out.

and im pretty sure that dog's name is hermann

It's a girl, OP edited for clarity.

I have the gates up and have established a routine for the 2 days I have had her. I do need to crate her though, no crate yet. :( Might set something up downstairs for her though as I don't really have extra room in the house set up to put it.

Not sure if I care she is on the couch yet.....I know the new couch will be looking used though if I let her....there goes 1200 bucks.

She already has started chewing on stuff a little, even my cat fluffy. :lol: They will get along just fine as the cat is a lover and seems ok with her so far.

Back