ps3 internet connection

Mojo616

Veteran XX
Hey guys,

So, I'm trying to get my PS3 online for the first time. I have a wired connection to my router (linksys wrt54g), and it works fine for the wii. However, when I moved the cable over to the ps3, it wont connect. It fails at the "obtain IP address" stage. I went into my router settings and set up DMZ for the ps3 IP address. Not sure what else to try, any thoughts on this?

Hey guys,

So, I'm trying to get my PS3 online for the first time. I have a wired connection to my router (linksys wrt54g), and it works fine for the wii. However, when I moved the cable over to the ps3, it wont connect. It fails at the "obtain IP address" stage. I went into my router settings and set up DMZ for the ps3 IP address. Not sure what else to try, any thoughts on this?

The problem is that your router still thinks it's connecting to the Wii, if you're using the same port and cable. I'd connect both devices at the same time, then do a full power cycle on all the devices attatched, starting with the modem, then the router, then each console.

Should resolve the problem.

Back