Projects over Corona Vacation

wow oma u sucessfully destroyed every chance u had of building good soil by putting landscape fabric over clay and adding those chipped pallets masquerading as mulch

gg

tbh u won't believe the quality of soil around this former heroin den. once u till it and rake all the old syringes out it makes plants grow like they stole life force from the resident junkies of times gone by.

Why does good soil matter if you don't ever want anything to grow there

Soil here is so good you can throw a tomato in the yard, and next thing you know you have a tomato plant. With the only effort exerted is throwing it out in the yard to begin with.

Nice job OneManArmy but fuck living around that many people.

I also hate this.

We are working on it. This year we will be debt free. We then want 3 paid off rentals under our name with a goal of buying 10-15 acre lot/parcel within 10 years to build our dream house from the ground up.

It will happen.

wow oma u sucessfully destroyed every chance u had of building good soil by putting landscape fabric over clay and adding those chipped pallets masquerading as mulch

gg

We only put that down on the sides of the house where we knew there would be not plants.

One step ahead of you.

We are working on it. This year we will be debt free. We then want 3 paid off rentals under our name with a goal of buying 10-15 acre lot/parcel within 10 years to build our dream house from the ground up.

It will happen.

Yes Sir debt free is the way to be. I know a real estate gold mine. Especially for rentals. $800 yearly property tax with $700 a month rent for tenant sound good to you? Land is cheap as fuck too. All the old folks are dying and their kids live in the city and are too stupid to want the property. With your funds living like king with minimal overhead is serious understatement and to top it off a big assed beautiful lake within walking/golf cart distance. PM me if interested.

It will happen is the mind state that causes it to happen! Fuck yeah!

Last edited:
problem is no one has to pay rent anymore, have a few family members whose income has suddenly disappeared from their "absolutely safe guaranteed rentals"

Yeah, they should get it back but chances are their tenants will just do a runner or it will take them years and using debt collectors to get any of it.

Yes Sir debt free is the way to be. I know a real estate gold mine. Especially for rentals. $800 yearly property tax with $700 a month rent for tenant sound good to you? Land is cheap as fuck too. All the old folks are dying and their kids live in the city and are too stupid to want the property. With your funds living like king with minimal overhead is serious understatement and to top it off a big assed beautiful lake within walking/golf cart distance. PM me if interested.

It will happen is the mind state that causes it to happen! Fuck yeah!

Sounds great but I/we are brand new at the idea of being a land lord. We would rather get a feeling for the business on units that are within 1 hour drive so we can keep an eye on things before we venture off do long range rentals. We are also still a year out as we want to put 20% down on anything we buy. Maybe longer since our bonuses this year will take a hit from this rona stupid shit.

We are seeing entry level new homes being built for $170k (3bed 2 bath). Thats the market we are looking at and/or wedge deals.

problem is no one has to pay rent anymore, have a few family members whose income has suddenly disappeared from their "absolutely safe guaranteed rentals"

Yeah, they should get it back but chances are their tenants will just do a runner or it will take them years and using debt collectors to get any of it.

This shutdown is a first in market history (that i'm aware of). Renters now outnumber actual home owners. The market will rebound and if you don't over leverage debt, keep at least 60% equity in each property, and hold onto 6 months of vacant payments, you should be able to float through times like this. Especially since my wife doesn't want to quit work and we are doing this as a side hustle.

Our goal is to keep a portfolio where we could see 50% vacant and still keep up on mortgage payments. From what i'm seeing, there has been about an 8% uptick on late rental payments vs normal rates. There are a lot of unknowns right now, but it seems like people are trying to still hit rent.

It will take time, but we have a 10 and 20 year plan of having 10 paid off properties and no mortgage payment. If you set your mind to anything over 10 years, you can make it happen if planned out correctly.

My renters have not paid rent for the last 2 months :/
California won't let us start eviction because pandemic.
The guy has his kids and folks living there and we know he has a trust and didn't work as far as we know... now he says he can't pay because he's not working. BS
So now my project is to try to figure out how to get this fucker out or get him to pay up....out $7000 so far and wonder if we'll ever see any of it the way California backs up renters.

My renters have not paid rent for the last 2 months :/
California won't let us start eviction because pandemic.
The guy has his kids and folks living there and we know he has a trust and didn't work as far as we know... now he says he can't pay because he's not working. BS
So now my project is to try to figure out how to get this fucker out or get him to pay up....out $7000 so far and wonder if we'll ever see any of it the way California backs up renters.

Cali sucks so freaking bad.

How comfortable are you with maybe having to clean a little biological matter up after your tenants "leave"...

Cause I know a guy who may be local to you that sometimes handles these types of problems...

Back