Project Z

Laughing-Stork

Veteran XV
if you dont know what it is - Archetype Studios

I'm curious of what it would take for all of you to play this game. Assuming it's released and has a decent sized player base that is.

If it's closer to T2 than T1 would you not be interested?
If it was closer to T1 physics but has many T2 elements would you still play?

I don't know much about the game other than what opsayo and fire have said. They both played it @ pax. read here - I played Project Z and here are my thoughts : fpsz

Fire and opsayo both said it felt closer to T1 physics wise and they are both looking forward to the game. So that alone has me interested. I've got to say at this point I would play the game as long as the physics are better than T2 and T:A and it plays decently close to a real tribes game. I'm hoping it doesn't have down jets and other crap, just classic jetpack and no dumb speed boosts or w/e.

I think I would even play it if it was really close to T2c. My complaints towards T2c are mainly about the physics, the shrike, and the missile launcher. I'm not a fan of vehicles in tribes games and if there are any in project z, I hope they wont be seen in competitive games. The option of grabbing a flag and jumping into a shielded flying vehicle is beyond dumb in tribes.

ofc if nobody is playing it then I won't care for it. I can play dead t1 and have a good time.

Like I said, this is assuming the game is decent and they don't find a way for screw it up. What would it take for you to play?

debating deleting this thread cus we all know this game is made my fukin tribe asperg idiots who refuse 2 acknowledge t1 lt as the true tribe game so lets be honest, this is gonna be shit

debating deleting this thread cus we all know this game is made my fukin tribe asperg idiots who refuse 2 acknowledge t1 lt as the true tribe game so lets be honest, this is gonna be shit

wow a dp comment i really agree with

he has come along way from being friends with swordfish

basically mabel might be a nice person irl but he is a fucking moron

fpsz is an exercise in reinventing the wheel yet again when the wheel wasnt broken in the first place

so essentially its a bunch of spergs trying to fix a problem that wasn;t there in the first place so they can get nerd glory. just like dave g did in t2, what happened in t:v and at least in t;a it was straight up a pay 2 win scam so they had that going for them

and the game will ignore all of the things that made t1 great like the fact that the darkstar base physics were so great that even when you played a mod completely different than base you still could get good at base because it was all totally connected

it might be a fun game in the end and if it plays well ill play it but the fact is the people making it like t2 classic and think t2 classic is the same as t1 base but better

i dont know when floaty physics and linear gameplay on maps that look like mud watercolor paintings started to be like t1

fuck them i hope they burn in hell and i will be writing hirez a letter to sue them for copyrights

like stork ur complaints with t2c are the exact same as mine

and heres the thing

those complaints tho they might be only a few are HUGE in the gravity of the game

i dont want to play dumbed down base floaty physics shit game where you cant disc chase because you are traveling in a giant floating arc everytime you jet and you are on a set ski route that u must abide to because improvising doesnt exist

thats the amazing thing about t1 u dont even need routes u can just make shit up as u go along and this really contributes to freedom of movement and the flow of the game

i can grab the flag ski UP a hill beacon stop and go in reverse back down the hill while everyone chasing me thinks ive kept going a common path forward to my own flag and i end up hiding behind their flag stand the whole game this is fun to me fuck mabel

fuck that legions cg that has a cooldown

these are the fuckers that have made tribes not be a successful game with longevity trying to reinvent the game every new iteration

i was goin 2 try to play it either way, the rest will be determined by how cool the community is.. t1 community is str8 tard btw mun pwntfukz again for 3 maps today..

Last edited:
idk what the physics are like now. during the time i played it i hadn't played t1 or t2c in a while so i couldn't compare it to either. but my uninformed opinion w/ insistence from mabel was that low speed you had similar side jets as you do in t1 (more even) but i felt when you went really fast it felt like you were on rails like t2c (think mabel said he was going to increase carving for one which would make it a little more like the control you have in t1). idk about gravity or floatyness or anything like that mabel could probably tell you how all of them compare w/ hard numbers.

even saying these things now im not sure about because im not familiar with t2c right now.

Last edited:
ty dare u tell me this b4 fuk face

likely the game will enver be released

gg

i talk to a few of them recently seems like everything still moving and coming along. they're posting more teases on twitter like concept art for the generator recently. something will probably come out tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/ArchetypeGames

i would only expect them to show off art for now though don't get your hopes up about seeing the physics and gameplay even tho that is way farther along than the art from what i would gather

Last edited:
like stork ur complaints with t2c are the exact same as mine

and heres the thing

those complaints tho they might be only a few are HUGE in the gravity of the game

i dont want to play dumbed down base floaty physics shit game where you cant disc chase because you are traveling in a giant floating arc everytime you jet and you are on a set ski route that u must abide to because improvising doesnt exist

thats the amazing thing about t1 u dont even need routes u can just make shit up as u go along and this really contributes to freedom of movement and the flow of the game

i can grab the flag ski UP a hill beacon stop and go in reverse back down the hill while everyone chasing me thinks ive kept going a common path forward to my own flag and i end up hiding behind their flag stand the whole game this is fun to me fuck mabel

fuck that legions cg that has a cooldown

these are the fuckers that have made tribes not be a successful game with longevity trying to reinvent the game every new iteration

I agree with this. Nobody understands this about tribes. You can't experience this in the other games so ppl who have never played t1 or played enough to become decent at it will never appreciate it. too many casuals who only care about the dumb stuff like appearance etc and the really simple things about tribes. To come from t2 and play t1 isn't fun because the game is on another level. you can get lost in an instance and spend most of the game just trying to hit somebody. you don't have to put much thought into skiing and energy usage. if you're an outsider of course you aren't going to want that level of difficulty in your game if your goal is for it to be a popular success.

That's why I'm ready to play a dumbed down version as long as its fun enough you know? I can understand their views from a business perspective. Not everybody can play tribes like dare so you gotta make it fun for the majority. T:A wasn't fun at all. The physics were garbage, the maps were garbage, the class system was a total failure, no ability to disc jump. T2c's physics aren't fun either and most of the maps are hills with bases on them that play the same as the next.

Another thing about tribes tho...It takes a freaking miracle to create a good map. Like you are almost better off hitting "random generate terrain" than trying to carve one out yourself. dx/sh weren't even designed for skiing - that shows you how much of a miracle it is.

So they could create a decent game physics wise and even weapons/deployables/balance could be good. but the maps alone could make the game boring. So ya..I'm hoping for a miracle to happen.

yep fire still has trouble breaking 1k in stats and he been hand fed everythign required to be good

in hawkbats and for all of time i was chasing with a fucking logitech wheel mouse pos and i still do better than this

fire u r going to hell

i am not saying fire is perma bad im just saying that him having opinions on this stuff when he hasnt gotten to a high enoug hlevel to say beacon jump while going down a hill or run some cap routes or get 30+ cks is dumb

its not dumb cuz hes bad its dumb cuz hes respected by all the spergs in t:a so his opinion is huge so if its an unedumacated opinion it really fucks us over

fishstix is the worst culprate of this behaviour

at least fire plays and tries to get better tho

Back