Preorder Duke Nukem Forever

giantwtf.gif

I asked someone at Game Stop about this game the other day. They said it was going to be listed at 59.99.

I said that seemed too high.

They said if I pre-ordered I would get access to stuff like big head mode.

At 59.99, it seems like the developers turned on big head mode a long time ago.

The biggest thing I liked about Duke Nukem 3d was that the first few levels were in the city with a ton of interactive things like pool tables, cash registers etc etc. Plus there were a ton of secret areas to find, i loved hunting for them all. The levels they picked for the demo are pretty bland and lack the things I liked the most from the original. I'll try the demo again to see if I feel different on another play through.

well, the demo that was sent to the preorders is 'out'. you are welcome, and the game isnt bad.

demo was bad in a "the devs sure did put together a horrible representation of the full game" way, or in a "fuck this game" kind of way?

No boot.
Only two weapons at a time (seriously?).

What the hell Gearbox. What the hell.

The weapon limitation drove me absolutely nuts in the short time span of the demo, I can't even imagine playing the whole game like that. I was constantly having to drop a perfectly good shotgun just to pick up the sniper rail gun, or what ever situational weapon they purposely planted into the level. Seriously that's one shitty design decision.

I got the huge DNF display box you see on display in stores* just so I can laugh when it fails to come out again. :lol:

duke_nukem_forever.jpg

*Asked the GameStop dude if I could have one and damned if he didn't go in back and come out with one :eek:

Back