[post your gear] New Cabinet Day! :D

Archimedes

Veteran XV
So I surf Ebay every so often to see if I can catch any deals on a Buy It Now, and so far I've gotten pretty lucky with my purchases. In fact, if I am buying gear, Ebay is usually where I buy stuff from because I've had very good experiences.

Today I bought a Genz Benz G-Flex 4x12 for $525 ($610 with shipping), and that's a pretty damn good amount of savings for a G-Flex cabinet.

GenzBenzGB412Big.jpg

I'll be playing through my Peavey Ultra Plus which was also purchased on Ebay. My main guitar is an Epiphone LP Standard Plus (Ebay'd, came with the mods) which has been modified with new pickups, a new switch, and Grover tuners, and my secondary guitar is a 1980s MIJ Strat with a Seymour Duncan Hot Rail in the bridge pickup. My backup amp is a Peavey Classic 30 that I bought on Ebay which has an upgraded speaker in it, but it is responsible for my only bad experience with Ebay (the speaker was mounted incorrectly and the reverb tank wasn't nailed down, so I had to take it into a technician).

If you care about pedals I use a Morley Bad Horsie Wah (Ebay), a Boss RC-2 Loop Station, and a Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion.

Unfortunately the only camera I have is on my camera phone so I can't take any pictures at the moment, but when I get the Genz Benz I will snap a family photo and post it up here.

Yay for new gear day! :birthday:

i need a new amp so bad, the cleans on the one i'm using now are great, but it's just complete shit with any distortion pedal. the only thing that i can distort it with without sounding like complete shit (but it still sounds pretty horrible) is a big muff pi.

'75 fender twin reverb:
guitar001.jpg

i don't feel like taking pics of all my other guitars (i have like 14), here's my main guitar:

'76 les paul custom
guitar002.jpg

Last edited:
In no particular order (i'm lazy).

I want to get a pair of boogie 2x12's eventually and get rid of both my crate 4x12's. I have some other stuff as well like a kawai gb-4, some
roland drum machine ( forget which and dont feel like diggin it out), morley? steve vai wah pedal, crate gfx 2x12 amp for practicing, and some other
assorted boss pedals. I have an alvarez acoustic that i loan to my bro as well as an old peavey electric from my high school days i let him use.

Last edited:
I see you have an affinity for Ibanez (and colorful ones at that). :p My buddy down in Houston plays an Ibanez and its pretty sick. Its sad that after you buy one piece of gear the next one is already lining up in your head. My next one will probably be a guitar that's meant for metal, such as an Ibanez, Jackson, and so forth.

I collected all of them (the JPM100's). I had the original one but I couldnt resist selling it for more then double what i paid for it (2500). The top one is the 90th anniv and is worth around 5k to the right buyer. I paid 2600 for it from Australia and to my knowledge was one of the last ones in the world that was new when I bought it. At the time, around 8 years or so ago, there were only like 15 in the entire states as none were made for import. It took me about 3 or 4 months to locate that one and from what I've seen is one of the finest examples of it's kind. Around 400 were made and I've seen some real shoddy ones, mismatched flame etc. Mine is flawless. ;)

So I surf Ebay every so often to see if I can catch any deals on a Buy It Now, and so far I've gotten pretty lucky with my purchases. In fact, if I am buying gear, Ebay is usually where I buy stuff from because I've had very good experiences.

Today I bought a Genz Benz G-Flex 4x12 for $525 ($610 with shipping), and that's a pretty damn good amount of savings for a G-Flex cabinet.

GenzBenzGB412Big.jpg

I'll be playing through my Peavey Ultra Plus which was also purchased on Ebay. My main guitar is an Epiphone LP Standard Plus (Ebay'd, came with the mods) which has been modified with new pickups, a new switch, and Grover tuners, and my secondary guitar is a 1980s MIJ Strat with a Seymour Duncan Hot Rail in the bridge pickup. My backup amp is a Peavey Classic 30 that I bought on Ebay which has an upgraded speaker in it, but it is responsible for my only bad experience with Ebay (the speaker was mounted incorrectly and the reverb tank wasn't nailed down, so I had to take it into a technician).

If you care about pedals I use a Morley Bad Horsie Wah (Ebay), a Boss RC-2 Loop Station, and a Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion.

Unfortunately the only camera I have is on my camera phone so I can't take any pictures at the moment, but when I get the Genz Benz I will snap a family photo and post it up here.

Yay for new gear day! :birthday:
Nice.
I recently picked up a marshall 100 half stack - celestrons.
I love rattling my double pane insulated windows. :)

You should have a lot of fun with that.

Shitty pic I know, if I bring them up to my parents house for the week I'll get some with the camera
drums-1.jpg

Mapex all birch 7 piece. PST5 rock ride, 16'' rock rash, 16'' medium crash, Zildjian ZBT 18'' china. The PST5 hihats are set in that pic, but I bought a set of signature soundedges a few months ago. Godlike hihats. Cant go wrong with Paiste, even the PST5's sound better than the midrange Zildjian and Sabian lines. Next purchase will probably be a 2002 or signature reflector ride.
I havent been able to play them in 4 months since I moved into this apartment. It fucking sucks, I used to play the tubs for almost an hour every day.

Last edited:
I got a new bass, so I got new gear too, yay! Best feeling ever. Here's my line up:

Guitars/Bass:
  • Essex 1998 P-Bass (great sound for the price)
  • Fender 2007 Standard Jazz Bass
  • Toredo 1972 Folk acoustic guitar w/Fishman Neo-D pickup
  • 1964 Gibson acoustic guitar.
Amp/Cabinets:
  • Fender 300 Watt bass head
  • Eden WT-300 300 watt bass head, tube preamp, solid state power amp
  • Ampeg 115T 1 x 15" cabinet
  • Ampeg 410T 4 x 10" cabinet
  • Fender 1 x 15"
  • Peavy 4 x 10"
  • Fender m-80 head
  • Fender 4x12" cabinet
Pedals:
  • DOD FX-66 Flashback Fuzz
  • Arion Bass Chorus
  • Arion Bass Distortion
Other:
  • Akai MPD24 running through Fruity Loops on my Laptop
  • Shure SM58
  • 4 Space Rack with Furman RR-15x Power Conditioner
  • Monster Cables

I collected all of them (the JPM100's). I had the original one but I couldnt resist selling it for more then double what i paid for it (2500). The top one is the 90th anniv and is worth around 5k to the right buyer. I paid 2600 for it from Australia and to my knowledge was one of the last ones in the world that was new when I bought it. At the time, around 8 years or so ago, there were only like 15 in the entire states as none were made for import. It took me about 3 or 4 months to locate that one and from what I've seen is one of the finest examples of it's kind. Around 400 were made and I've seen some real shoddy ones, mismatched flame etc. Mine is flawless. ;)
That's awesome. I don't have the kind of money (yet) to really start investing in expensive guitars. The 80s MIJ Strat I got was a purely luck find. I was talking to the guy who sets up my guitars and he happened to have it sitting around, and he leveled and dressed it for me and sold it for $450. I was fucking pumped because otherwise I was going to modify my Les Paul to have a tremolo bar of some sort, and I wasn't really sure I wanted to do that (glad I didn't).

I should have bought one of the original batch of vai dna or the satch chromeboy...those are selling for a ton of cash now. The blue one I played at my wedding only, 3 songs...back in the case haha. The others are all players but I try and keep them as best as I can. I eventually want to get rid of 2-3 of them and get something even better I can keep forever. :)

Back