Post your dual monitor anisotropic filtered screenshots in this thread

bugs_

Veteran XV
with 16X anisotropic filtering
broadsidehall-AF.PNG

and without for comparison
broadsidehall-NOAF.PNG

i took a very similar screenshot a few years back when testing the hires plugin and noticed the big dif with aniso

yTwhhJs.jpg

a chinese company has released a 64 bit 64 CPU ARM chip so 128 bit may not be a joke in the software world someday soon. one would want to write portable software and use portable compilers in order to prepare for the post intel post microsoft world.

hey groove can you take a moment and talk about the history of anisotropic filtering in 1.40?

was it a native capability? was it patched in and if so how? does hrfixfix.dll provide it?

the hrfixfix.dll - is there an hrfix.dll or does the hrfixfix.dll incorporate hrfix.dll?

hey groove can you take a moment and talk about the history of anisotropic filtering in 1.40?

was it a native capability? was it patched in and if so how? does hrfixfix.dll provide it?

the hrfixfix.dll - is there an hrfix.dll or does the hrfixfix.dll incorporate hrfix.dll?

tbh i dont know too much but i'll blab for a bit

as a concept aniso sharpens textures that are at oblique viewing angles which is why its mostly noticeable on terrains and tunnels. as far as i know no plugins are required, tribes supports it but doesn't have any setting to enable it

not sure if 1.30 supported it - before 1.40 came out my tribes scripting experience was pretty much limited to minor edits to existing scripts

the first time i figured out even what it was, stork and i were working on the first hires terrains for 1.40 and i used to complain about how his screenshots 'looked crisper' than mine, so he sent me a list of all his video card settings and anisotropic was the only difference

then later in one of altimors plugins he forced aniso on and again i noticed it then (i'd love to be able to add this in a plugin with a video $pref:: setting since Tribes doesn't seem to have any options in the program itself and you have to force it as a global setting)

as far as i know it has nothing to do with hrfixfix.dll, its just that w/low res textures we really never noticed the need for it. not even sure why hrfixfix has 2 fixes - i know emjay went through a couple of revisions when we were testing, probably just denotes a fixed version of the hr fix

thanks Groove!

here is another side by side - images provided by unhelpful - you can really see the terrain blur on right right hand image with only bilinear filtering but on the left anisotropic sharpens it up nicely.
terrainblur.PNG

thanks Groove!

here is another side by side - images provided by unhelpful - you can really see the terrain blur on right right hand image with only bilinear filtering but on the left anisotropic sharpens it up nicely.

yeah i'll have to bug altimor for the source so we can set it as a $pref::, i doubt its much code judging by similar snippets of andrews source from mem.dll, i can slip it into pluginloader

or maybe add it to my lodfix plugin that u should try out to bring up the detail on that disc launcher in your screenshots! :)

nice turbulent looking skies. we need actual turbulence - roiling clouds - a random tornado in the distance - heat lightning.....

Graboids that come out of the ground and eat players

The Joust Pterodactyl etc...

Back