Porsche Story

Falconlight

Veteran XV
The other day I ran into my sisters, friends, boyfriend (oh god, thought I would tell one of these stories). He's this guy from Germany, who works at a local porsche dealership. Anyways, he tells us this story, it was much funnier in person when you've got an angry guy with a thick German accent saying it

So some guy who lives in Wine Country, Napa or Sonoma, goes to a Ferrari dealership, and buys a ferrari. He drives about one mile, (under a freeway, past a couple hotels, and shops to the porsche dealership. The dealerships are fairly close to each other, just across the freeway. He drives into the porsche lot, intent on showing off his new car. While there he spots what is being showcased: a Carrera GT, a $440,000 car. He immediatly sells his Ferrari to the Porsche dealership, and buys the Carrera GT. The porsche dealership buys the Ferrari for 60k less than what he bought it for, and then drives back to the Ferrari dealership and sells it back to them for 20k off the sticker price, making 40k in about 10 minutes of work.

Later on, this guy is driving the car in Napa, while intoxicated, and has no idea that this car doesn't drive like most cars. Manages to lose control and totals the car. He gets away without a scratch, but the car is sent back to Germany for repairs that will run him something like 300k.

Car in question:
http://www2.porsche.com/english/usa/carreragt/modelinformation/philosophy/bilder/philosophy_foto.jpg
http://www2.porsche.com/english/usa...ation/performance/bilder/performance_foto.jpg
Top track speed 205 mph (330 km/h)
0-60 mph 3.8 secs
0-62 mph 3.9 secs
0-124 mph 9.9 secs
50-75 mph 4.0 secs (in fifth gear)
Quarter mile 11.4 secs
Second fastest road going car, I think, after Enzo.

Cliffs:
Guy buys Ferrari
See's Carrera GT, sells it to Porsche who makes 40k by selling it to Ferrari.
Totals car, repairs to cost 300k.

Some people have too much money, that they don't know what to do with it. What a freaking idiot he is. He should be shot for ruining such a nice car.

pocketgamer said:
Some people have too much money, that they don't know what to do with it. What a freaking idiot he is. He should be shot for ruining such a nice car.
I don't think it's that, I think it's people who were just not ever taught the value of money, or had to actually work for their wealth.

Falconlight said:
I don't think it's that, I think it's people who were just not ever taught the value of money, or had to actually work for their wealth.

I agree on that also. But first you have to have the money for that to apply.

Back