[Poll] Is TV A Failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-VET

Veteran X
[Poll] ----------> Is TV A Failure?

With all the different opinions about Tribes Vengeance I wanted to know what the "REAL" opinions are about the following statement.

Is Tribes Vengeance A Failure?

Please Help By letting other forums know about this poll.

Please Click The Link Below to Vote

http://tv-vote.kickme.to

Poll Ends December 31, 2004

Last edited:
whatever the vote says, its not a failure as a game, its a failure in terms of adoption.

there are flawed aspects, but it is far from failure as a game in and of itself in totality.

Yes. I never expected player numbers to be this low.

It was a horrible, horrible failure. Multiplayer games need people online to work.

As far as I'm concerned, it is not a failure. I have had good times with it and hopefully this will continue as long as possible.

Phantom88 said:
As far as I'm concerned, it is not a failure. I have had good times with it and hopefully this will continue as long as possible.

yup, i love the rolling roadblocks ppl are now using, repair pack groups... thats a strictly t:v technique, and a very badass one.

right now, im glad i didnt buy the game, $50 to refresh 200 empty servers... sure sounds like a night of fun to me

as stated before, the game itself is not a failure, its an ok game, but no marketing, and a bad attempt at the tribes market made it just bad in the end(and lag dosent help)

Pachacutec said:
whatever the vote says, its not a failure as a game, its a failure in terms of adoption.

bingo.. tv stands on its own two feet but unfortunately people want tv to be (insert previous version of tribes here) and refuse to go and play that which they are sick of, or cannot find the numbers or interest - some even goto the extent to play counter strike or (insert boring fps here) instead.. not because it's better, but because it has numbers, and everyone should know by now that numbers = good game (wtf?!)

KOS said:
right now, im glad i didnt buy the game, $50 to refresh 200 empty servers... sure sounds like a night of fun to me

they're "empty" because you're not there.. think about that

KOS said:
as stated before, the game itself is not a failure, its an ok game, but no marketing, and a bad attempt at the tribes market made it just bad in the end(and lag dosent help)

I don't think marketing would have had an impact on you

back on topic, this poll is far too black & white.. I wonder if anyone complained that starsiege:tribes was a failure to the prior starsiege series

one would think these reoccuring threads are more dead than tv supposedly is, but neither are

NEXT!

Got Haggis? said:
its a marketing / publisher failure.

Marketting was fine as it had full page ads for many months in many magazines, preview/review articles and even cover discs.

The problem is a DESIGN FAILURE. Marweas and Thrax Panda catered to the T1 crowed that hated T2. They made a very dumbed down game by removing a ton of features, sport gameplay, incredably tiny maps and so easy to play that a lobotomized gerbil could play it.

In otherwords...

THE GAME IS AS BORING AS WATCHING A DOG TURD DRY IN THE SUN!

More than anything else, I think the main thing it should be judged on is: "Did it bring massive or many more new players to the Tribes Scene"?

We all knew it was going to be newbified quite abit from T1 and T2. The goal here for VU games and IG was to attract a larger audience.

In my opinion, it has failed miserably, beyond my worst expectations. I actually thought it might do alot better... Tribes is a game of great depth though, that just can't be sacrificed. It's what has made the game so different from any other,(and the jetpack of course)..

Is it so bad that T:V introduces new things? Is it horrible that you can't carve, or that rovers are mobile spawn points and buckler capping is possible? No, it's just a different kind of Tribes. I mean, with T2 it was understandable for the community to want Tribes with better graphics, but seriously..give it a rest. T:V is a new kind of Tribes, some don't like it, some do. Things learned from the previous games aren't as useful as they were. But is that a reason to hate the game? That you have to try out something else, something with the same flavor but a bit different execution.

The Tribes name has become a stigma.

Scud411 said:
But is that a reason to hate the game?

It's not that people hate the game. It's more that people find the game unexciting, boring, uninspired, ect. There is really nothing there to get the blood pumping. There is too much repetition and most things are too easy to do.

People don't hate it they just get tired of playing after a few minutes.

[AKA]PanamaJack said:
Marketting was fine as it had full page ads for many months in many magazines, preview/review articles and even cover discs.

The problem is a DESIGN FAILURE. Marweas and Thrax Panda catered to the T1 crowed that hated T2. They made a very dumbed down game by removing a ton of features, sport gameplay, incredably tiny maps and so easy to play that a lobotomized gerbil could play it.

In otherwords...

THE GAME IS AS BORING AS WATCHING A DOG TURD DRY IN THE SUN!

any smart person knows that a != !b
if thrax and marweas designed t:v by tw angry feedback to t2, then thats pretty dumb. i dont think they're that dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back