Polish find WMD (not)

http://www.leftwingarmy.com/

Polish jokes that write themselves

Friday, 02 July 2004
I guess mustard gas doesn't generally say French's on the side or the rocket.

Pardon me, do you have any Grey Pupon Rockets? Oh, I guess not.
Multinational forces in Iraq said that more than a dozen missile warheads said to contain mustard gas or sarin have tested negative for chemical agents. Washington had announced the find by Polish troops on Thursday, which was later confirmed by Warsaw.

The head of Poland's military intelligence service also said on Friday that "terrorist" groups were seeking to acquire the weapons.But the 122mm warheads, found in late June, have been found not to contain the deadly chemicals, a statement from multinational forces here said.

"Those 16 rounds were all empty and tested negative for any type of chemicals," it said.

http://www.politicalpuzzle.org/archives/002295.php

Poland, which has about 2,400 troops in Iraq and was a strong supporter of the U.S.-led invasion, was "misled" about the threat from Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction, its president said Thursday.

The remarks by President Aleksander Kwasniewski to a small group of European reporters were his first hint of criticism about war in Iraq.

Earlier in the day, Kwasniewski said Poland may start withdrawing its troops from Iraq early next year, months earlier than the previously stated date of mid-2005.

"Naturally, one may protest the reasons for the war action in Iraq. I personally think that today, Iraq without Saddam Hussein is a truly better Iraq than with Saddam Hussein," Kwasniewski told the European reporters.

"But naturally I also feel uncomfortable due to the fact that we were misled with the information on weapons of mass destruction," he said, according to a transcript released by the presidential press office.

The Bush administration argued for the war based on intelligence that President Bush said left "no doubt" that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction.

President Bush, in the chow line with troops at Fort Campbell, Ky., after delivering a speech, was asked about Kwasniewski's remarks but shook his head and said, ``I'm here to eat.''

In months of searching, no weapons have been found. The U.S. has reported evidence of illegal weapons-related activity, especially on missiles, but has not produced proof that Iraq had active programs to make biological, chemical or nuclear arms.

Asked about Kwasniewski's remarks as he visited with troops at Kentucky's Fort Campbell, Mr. Bush replied "I'm here to eat dinner," reports CBS News White House Correspondent Mark Knoller.

Back