[pointless ofn] I just watched SW episode 3

booty

Veteran XV
Much like Padme, I had lost my will to live by the end of this film.
R.I.P. me :reaper:

P.S. You can't OFN me because I already ofn'ed myself.

I liked it aside from a few choice lines of dialogue... and everything after the Vader helmet went on.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Seriously. What the fuck was Lucas thinking with that? That was just awful. Virtually ANYTHING would have made that scene more powerful.

I just dont get how annikin in a span of literally 10-15 minutes went from being a good guy to slaughtering a school full of children. I mean he knew the emperor was bad and reported him, then 10 minutes later he is a full blown psycho. It was perhaps the owrst character development I have ever seen. There was like a 15 second scene where he heard the emperors voice. Then he looked teary eyed and WHAM he is killing 8 year olds.

If they had killed padme off 30 minutes earlier and then he just loses his mind, it would have been much more palatable.

Kurayami said:
I liked it aside from a few choice lines of dialogue... and everything after the Vader helmet went on.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Seriously. What the fuck was Lucas thinking with that? That was just awful. Virtually ANYTHING would have made that scene more powerful.

i laughed outloud at this scene. All he needed was 2 hobbits on his shoulders.

If you know, maybe, Lucas hadn't directed it it wouldn't have sucked.

Also, he needs to work on his inconsistencies.

booty said:
I just dont get how annikin in a span of literally 10-15 minutes went from being a good guy to slaughtering a school full of children. I mean he knew the emperor was bad and reported him, then 10 minutes later he is a full blown psycho.
Err...
He didn't become a "psycho."

He had no other choice. He had just helped kill a Jedi. He became a criminal with that act. Couple that with the fact that he wanted to save Padme, and it's pretty clear why he joined with Palpatine.

He didn't do it because he wanted to. He did it because he was out of options.

Kurayami said:
Err...
He didn't become a "psycho."

He had no other choice. He had just helped kill a Jedi. He became a criminal with that act. Couple that with the fact that he wanted to save Padme, and it's pretty clear why he joined with Palpatine.

He didn't do it because he wanted to. He did it because he was out of options.

yes, it makes logical sense, but come on Kur... yer an intelligent guy. That movie could have been 100x better.

Hell, all 3 prequels could have been 100x better.

lovehatehero could be like 10000000000000000x better

cause they fucking suck so bad it makes me sick

link2661-ep3.JPG

daerid said:
yes, it makes logical sense, but come on Kur... yer an intelligent guy. That movie could have been 100x better.

Hell, all 3 prequels could have been 100x better.
It could have been a lot better. I don't even like the "Anakin turns" scene because I felt it was underplayed. However, the reason that it happened is crystal clear and saying that it isn't just means that you weren't paying attention.

Lucas has a good imagination. The problem is that he can't write dialogue to save his life. Somebody else should have polished his dialogue and Lucas should have only directed technical elements.

Back