Please fix 1.41 or remove it Mav I beg you.

kotz im sorry i insinuated that you would ever cheat

or for posting a chicago illinois ip with comcast using the names drunk isuk

we all know your scripts are broken

will you ever forgive me

dang this thread got grumpy

guys please, i'm the grumpy old man

u guys are the young happy folks

(re: topic: i think 1.41 has been great, it definitely reduced the number of shady cheaters and revealed a few of the 'oh tribes normally doesn't show everyone everywhere? i had no idea! i just got my config from cheater X!' types)

also re: it affects my scripts or feels different: it doesn't affect scripts and any different feel from 1.40 is placebo

which really doesn't surprise me - there have been lots of tribes related things that didn't actually do anything that people reported 'felt different' or 'helped' like 'female armor has a smaller hitbox' etc

and i can't tell you how many people i've seen 'using netset' when it wasn't loaded at all -but they still thought it helped their chain

tbch i don't think netset really helps chain that much more than 1.40's bulit in method but people get netset and think 'omg my chain is better' purely because they're using chain more often to see if it's better

if theres one valid point its that there could be a bypass floating around

i dont think there is though (and i have a few reasons to believe this)

and bugs can definitely bypass it, he can bypass anything that someone could think up (as can a few other people). i mean bugs can spawn scouts and shit on other peoples servers without admin

there could be one, and maybe this is what spurs the creation of one

but if/when that leaks we can switch to pureclient (milk now you know why we save it rather than just blowing our wad)

Last edited:
i was thinking about it the other day and i could probably make 1.41 a plugin rather than a patched .exe but would that really help anything? a patched .exe is probably easier for most people

also granted, we know that it can be bypassed by people with the ability - but i agree that i haven't seen any reason to think anyone but bugs has done it

personally, i think i have every cheat for tribes that's ever left the creators own configs

so if i don't have it no one does

:lol:

a plugin would have been smarter but at the time i didnt know how to do that. it might have made it a *little* difficult for beginners but not much

this is why its so laughable when people insinuate i'm some sweet hacker whos been hacking since the beginning

is pureclient like some special secret stock config? is it available 4 non-circle jerk ppl?

its a 1.40 plugin nofix made that lets you scan memory. its a little more complex than lasthope and it hooks into tribes' netcode, which i think makes it harder to emulate but thats not the main takeaway for me at least. the smart people will figure it out. the main thing that matters is that it has a different protocol so it would require brand new bypasses, which would again buy us a window of cheat-free time. good for a tournament or something. at some point nofix posted the source on this forum if you can dig it up.

you dont know how happy i was when i banged enough rocks together and saw this

pureclient.png

Last edited:
bugs u ever go on #stocktraders anymore on dalnet or watever we were on b4

buy a few share of CUR if so it gonna quadruple in next few months

i guess i will read this thread now

Back