Planet Side 2 Beta

Everyone who bought Alpha Squad + ex-PS1 players

Teamspeak is built in to the game

New Conglomerate on East 2

they are shifting how the cert system works too

it used to be, you would get x certs per hour online, and a lesser amount offline. like eve does with skill training. it was touted as a big feature.

now they are removing the offline gain, and making the online gain directly tied to xp gain, at roughly 1000 xp per cert point.

furthermore, apparently a dev posted saying that the old system will be used with in a monthly membership sort of system that they are bringing out with the launch of the game.

if you go into it with the understanding that it's sort of like playing an enormous map of tribes c&h that never ends, tons of fucking fun. UPGRADE YOUR COMPUTER though. in bigger battles my core 2 duo / gtx260 / 4gb takes a steep dive at 1440x900 low detail preset...

they are shifting how the cert system works too

it used to be, you would get x certs per hour online, and a lesser amount offline. like eve does with skill training. it was touted as a big feature.

now they are removing the offline gain, and making the online gain directly tied to xp gain, at roughly 1000 xp per cert point.

furthermore, apparently a dev posted saying that the old system will be used with in a monthly membership sort of system that they are bringing out with the launch of the game.

yeah I found that out. The number of bases that you can capture in a short amount of time right now more than makes up for that. Each base capture/defense = 500 pts.

The game itself is still being heavily tweaked. Right now it feels about like how Warhammer Online was with regard to the capture mechanics. You roam base to base to capture them and there isn't much defense.

yup sounds like planetside alright.

yeah I found that out. The number of bases that you can capture in a short amount of time right now more than makes up for that. Each base capture/defense = 500 pts.

it does, but the inherent problem is it draw fights away from bases which when equally defended can take hours to claim. simply because the xp is much less in comparison.

it also fucks over support people, like gal drivers who keep their gal running and don't engage in the base. a spawn off a galaxy is 5 points, as opposed to a cap which is 500

it will also make people not want to really defend small outposts. because they get more xp by letting it be capped and recapping it. base flipping will be out of control.

it does, but the inherent problem is it draw fights away from bases which when equally defended can take hours to claim. simply because the xp is much less in comparison.

it also fucks over support people, like gal drivers who keep their gal running and don't engage in the base. a spawn off a galaxy is 5 points, as opposed to a cap which is 500

it will also make people not want to really defend small outposts. because they get more xp by letting it be capped and recapping it. base flipping will be out of control.

yep, it already is out of control. From my understanding of the PS2 post I posted, they want there to be more of a 'front line' but they still want to allow ninja caps behind enemy lines and attacks on supply lines.

I've been playing several months now and there's been multiple character wipes, at least 4 or 5 and alot of stuff's changed in that time. Not sure how many times I've got to level 10 only to be wiped.. Expect another one soon because some are already at the mid 20's level. I'm on Server West 1 NC (DudeofDeath) and Server West 2 as Terran (DoD).

PS2 actually reminds me of what Tribes 2 may have wanted to be in Dave G's mind if it wasn't for skiing and prolonged use of the jetpacks. I heard the devs say a few months ago that each server held 600 players but it may be alot more now.

This game is really fun when playing with others, I've had some EPIC times in battles or coordinated assaults with 30+ tanks, 20+ fighters, 20+ bombers, and 5 or more galaxies with dozens of ground troops all assaulting at the same time. Sometimes the assaults start at night and last more than a day in the game... that shit is AWESOME!! For me PS2 is what PS1 wanted to be with better graphics and gameplay. It's fun but can get mudane and repetitive after awhile, especially alone.

So, if i understood correctly Vanu Sovereignty has more explosive and energy based weapons, while Terran Republic relies more on automatics? What about New Conglomerate? Which one has more explosive weapons?

Vanu is for laser faggots, their weapons are designed for a shorter range.

NC has the explosive, powerful weapons and more armor.

Terran has the fast SMG type weapons.

Right now, the fights take place at a longer range than what the developers were expecting so they are going to give the guns more recoil so you have to fight closer.

Back