[Pink Floyd] New album to be released soon

It's just unreleased stuff they did during their Divison Bell sessions. There's no logical reason for Waters to be involved at all, though he is making a new solo album (as is Gilmour).

Don't expect anything similar to their stuff from the 70's. Will very likely have that 80's/90's Floyd vibe (not a fan of that stuff, tbh).

huh, here I thought Roger Waters was dead, he's alive and kicking at 70 though.

I'd like to be home with my monkey and my dog.
I'd like to be home with my monkey ...

They don't care. Shut up. Play the record.

meh

roger waters can't sing for shit anymore, gilmour can though. i'm not too excited for new pink floyd stuff tbh, after the wall i haven't really liked anything they've done except for some gilmour solo albums. even the wall i'm not a huge fan of anymore. no richard wright anyway, his vocal harmonies on some of the floyd songs really define those songs (time)

I really enjoyed the Division Bell. I still give it a spin on a long drive. The Wall is a masterpiece, it's hard to beat that one. "Keep Talking" is a pretty good track on DB.

The news was revealed by Gilmour’s wife, Polly Samson, on Twitter. Samson added that the album is based on 1994 sessions with Pink Floyd’s Richard Wright.

They're not happy about the wife spilling the beans on Twatter.

I'm kinda over all that music myself. These old farts are coming out with new records, and it's like Meh.

yeah, but it's not a try hard album.... like a "i really need money to pay the bills so i will use the bands name to sell" thing.... it's an album made of shit already made during the time when shit was still real.. so yeah, chances of being a great shit album: 51% :sunny: (lol jk)

Right, with most albums, it's one or two songs that are great, the rest is crap. Pink Floyd nailed it with albums where the entire side was a continuous song. To duplicate that magic today would be hard using left over material. The only way this could be huge is if one of the songs makes it on the pop stations as a hit.

The only musicians that seem to have it as they get older, are jazz (piano and organ). They can put out a song in their twilight years and it's remembered.

To be honest, I believe that fans should hold their expectations down untill this album is released. Then we might get surprised.. :shrug: Like, who knows. And I dont believe this should be a commercial pop hit. That is not even Pink Floyd ;)
But the thing is.. the risk is so damn high that it must be really good (or at least good enough)... or else, I dont think anyone would ever take the suicidal chance to crap the legendary Pink Floyd name

that's my view on this entire thing ^_^

Last edited:
Back