[PICS] So there's a police standoff 5 houses away...

]| ZeR0 |[

Veteran XV
I live in Clifton, which is like the area that contains University of Cincinnati. I'm at school here, and I hate every minute that I have to live in this shitty ghetto. Well my fiance got home from class, and was like "the cops have our block and the next completely blocked off... I had to walk 3 streets over just to get around the blocks..."

Apparently some idiots tried robbing the Clifton Savings & Loan, which is right up the street from me, about 3 blocks. They (2 or 3 idiots) ducked into a house, which just so happens to be like 5 houses away from our apartment. I snapped a couple of pics, but I didn't wanna get too close. So far there's 9 cop cars, a van and a few dogs out there... on top of a news crew.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

will update when possible (or if the swat team shows up).

Wouldn't the sniper be a part of a SWAT team and not necessarily an ordinary officer? I really don't think they'd call a sniper out that soon in the standoff, I'm sure they'd get one out there when there's confirmation of hostages, situation, number of preps, etc.

Emilee said:
Are the police recording this... ?

no, the news crew had another camera, they're interviewing a few bystanders to the right of the action. The cop car that is on the sidewalk is right in front of said house. I had a word with the cop in the one pic; apparently they caught one of them at the bank and three others made a run for it. Guess they randomly picked that house, or they're really stupid criminals for attempting a robbery at a bank right up the street.

boo. short lived. they gave in.

the street's still blocked off, and there's two news crews still hangin' out interviewing people, but no SWAT team.

Sorry for the letdown. :disgust:

It's not like I was surprised... I mean I live in Cincy... it's just the fact that it's never happened so close.

cincy sucks.

id kill myself if i lived there

or if i lived near dayton like Alien i would probably be dead already

Kerosene31 said:
Ofn

Less Nessman already broke this on WKRP...

:)

but did less nessman have pics? :brows:

yeah bodom, i'm glad I'm only here for another year and a half. hell i'm looking forward to finally leaving Ohio too.

WAIT! there's a SWAT vehicle outside, and the street is still blocked off. brb pic time.

*edit*

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic9.jpg

didn't see anyone around the house though.

Last edited:
Heh, cool. I know right where that is - it's up the street from where I used to live. I used to live down Clifton in Over The Rhine. It sucked back then too :)

I live over in Mt Lookout now. Cheater used to live in Clifton too. Bad fucking neighborhood; I got broken into three different times.

old_skul said:
Heh, cool. I know right where that is - it's up the street from where I used to live. I used to live down Clifton in Over The Rhine. It sucked back then too :)

I live over in Mt Lookout now. Cheater used to live in Clifton too. Bad fucking neighborhood; I got broken into three different times.

yup. Over The Rhine is a cespool. that's badass though, ever hit up the ludlow skyline chili?

Back