Piano Keyboard Suggestions?

Sharps

Veteran XV
I'm looking for a solid, full piano keyboard. It doesn't need to be the latest model, nor does it need tons of gadgets. I need weighted keys, real piano sound, ability to plug in headphones, pedal, and maybe transpose function. Ideally, it'd last at least 3 years, though I'm guessing the lifespan of one of these is usually longer than that anyway. I played for 10 years non-seriously, but I know next to nothing about brands aside from their names and what to look for aside from what sounds good.

Are there certain brands to look at/avoid? Just go to a store and go with the gut? My budget is from $500-$1000. Advice and/or suggestions of specific models very much appreciated :).

Last edited:
Look for a Yamaha P-120. It does everything you want and more, and it put my girlfriend through her Bachelor's at Manhattan School of Music. She paid $1200 for it brand new around 6 or 7 years ago, and now they can be had at Guitar Center (special order only) for ~$300.

edit: This model Yamaha P-120 Digital Grand Electric Piano P120 | eBay

The Yamaha P series are nice, full keyboard is a plus, I had one awhile back and it was the closest to the real thing that I ever played.

:spineyes:

You looking for a synth too? I'm a big fan of the vintage Juno series. The 6 and 106 were my favourites, but some of the later ones are nice too. I think Roland built some pretty solid keyboards overall really.

Last edited:
Back