Pets(disiplining them)

Pets(disciplining them)

Alright so Im sure a lot of you are pet owners. I was wondering how you go about discipliningyour pet(s). I have a cat and shes pretty good Id say. She listens pretty good for a cat, knows when you tell her no etc. Now my step father smacked her today because she was in his and my mom bath tub getting water. And I dont know if he smacked her hard or if its because shes never been disciplined that way, but she was hiding for most of the day because he was looking for her because she ran away after he hit her once. I knew where she was of course. She just came out and she was scared to go into the living room where he is and was walking real close to ground so I let her outside.
So wondering what you guys think is the best way.

Last edited:
knuth_don_has_a_grammar.jpg

YOU ONLY HAVE A 3 STAR REP AND 6900 GAMERSCORE AND THOSE GAMES ON YOUR LIST SUCK HOW CAN I TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY?!?!

:( I need Live again. And because Ive been slacking in the games department for a while. Ill have Live again soon and Just got Gears of War 2. Need some more games though. Open to suggestions

English as a second language, why are you guys all so mean to him?

We usually had a squirt bottle of water for training cats.

If you are going to smack it, just do it softly. The cat will be annoyed but not hurt.

Alright so Im sure a lot of you are pet owners. I was wondering how you go about discipliningyour pet(s). I have a cat and shes pretty good Id say. She listens pretty good for a cat, knows when you tell her no etc. Now my step father smacked her today because she was in his and my mom bath tub getting water. And I dont know if he smacked her hard or if its because shes never been disciplined that way, but she was hiding for most of the day because he was looking for her because she ran away after he hit her once. I knew where she was of course. She just came out and she was scared to go into the living room where he is and was walking real close to ground so I let her outside.
So wondering what you guys think is the best way.

sent all my dogs to M. Vicks Obedience school :shrug:

A bit of presence (force and loudness) i necessary for most cats. Keep in mind though that they're not dogs. They won't submit, just like humans, so you can only guide them in the right direction. Anything else will have negative effects, and cats are prone to mental illness/anxiety.

My mom is very laissez faire with the cats and they do all kinds of shit and hang around on the table when she eats. When i come over, they restrain themselves, and i have a good relationship with them. So they learned respect without fear.

One crucial thing is to not use their name to enforce the limits, as you'll confuse them when you use it in normal situations.

Ruling with fear is the only way. The cat will love you forever if you keep beating the shit out of it.

I've only really physically disciplined my dog once - and that was when she was getting way to rough with my gf's two year old niece. I really just pinned her to the ground until she calmed down. She hasn't been rowdy around that kid ever since, which is a good thing.

Last edited:
when we first got our rabbit we were way too rough on it...

we actually would hit it

i feel so bad about it now, i only hope she doesn't remember :(

just get a bottle of water to squirt it with. my cat use to scratch the furniture but not anymore because I would spray it with water when it did.

Back