PC configurable HVAC thermostat?

Rovero

Veteran XV
I have been looking online for a programmable HVAC thermostat. The ones in the stores only allow for 7 individual days with three time sets each day. Come on, in this day in age there has to be something more precise than that.

While looking online the thermostats I found were in $500 range plus. Give me a break, these things are glorified timers why would they be so much.

Anyone have a good one near $100 bucks or less ?

I have a honeywell that sets four times (wake, work, home, sleep) configurable for weekends and weekdays. it works well and was like $75 at Lowes. It's not PC configurable, but I am missing how you would need that unless you are controlling specific zones in a large building. In which case you are probably going to spend well beyond $500.

I only have two zones. The housemate and I have different schedules so I was trying to find something with a little more control of the time windows. For example I wake up at 6:50 so I want the house warmed up for an hour. The housemate wakes up around 11 (lazy bum).

But I figured more options like if it is 50+ outside there is no reason for the heat to run or under 65 no need for AC.

He who gets up earliest maketh the rules. Thus it was written.

If you want it comfortable when you wake up, and your the one getting up early, then I would do that. Let the lazy fucker freeze.

Trying to micro manage your houses heating system is a waste of time AND energy.

Yea, I am wondering that now also. By the time the temperature gradient goes up and down with the time changes did I really save anything?

I already have a honeywell 5/2 thermostat

Back