PBX

Asterisk PBX - Yes.

An open source linux VOIP based PBX ... but you probably want a normal phone system.

Journ3y

try making a thread with a little more substance/back ground info.

i know lots about phone systems...just ask something for fuck sakes.

basically not a question, dealing with vPBX and PBXi type systems, integrating current PBX/KTS systems to a hosted solution, was looking for anyone here who might be a vendor because i have a freidns who installs them then shoots me the opp to see if i can transition to that type of system.

Was looking for someone to do that type of thing with honestly

i don't mess with hosted shit so i don't really know what price point you are talking about but Avaya and Nortel both make small pbx's that are not bad priced

Avaya has the IP Office and Nortel has the BCM50. Both of those scale down to like 2 users.

Hosted services are a crock of shit IMO. They work ok for some i guess, but if I were a business owner I wouldn't run my business on them. It's not much more than business class Vonage. I use to use Vonage at home but I wouldn't run a customer facing business on it.

There are plenty of ignorant small business owners that will buy into these services b/c they don't know any better...that doesn't make the services worth their weight in shit.

can you tell i don't care for them?!?! :sunny:

had avaya, new company had cisco now nortel shop

I liked avaya and cisco more :eek:

i worked on all types of Avaya gear for years.

In fact I just got a job with AT&T where I will be be building Avaya IP Office's. Evidently AT&T is selling a shit load of them to small businesses where AT&T is doing all the config/setup on the front end and then shipping a ready to use system to the customer.

it sounds like a helluva lot better solution than some hosted IP phones. The IP Office can act as a RAS, VPN, router, and firewall, in addtion to natively supporting IP, TDM digital and analog. Hell the voicemail lite is free. It scales very small all the way up to a fully automated call center.

I have worked with NEC for the last 10 years. We have the #1 key system in the market which is a hybrid and we have true IP switches as well as straight TDM. We have all sizes of PBX's. So I think me and gibz win :)

Back