PAX Prime 2014 thread

it's because they missed a huge component of dogfight mechanics. for a dogfight to be engaging, the physics and control needs to work in a way that froces players to constantly be moving to get a shot on the opponent. in the above game, players just want to settle down to a slow speed and unleash fire for long unbroken periods of time. it's likely yaw is just as efficient method of turning as roll plus pitch. if you nerf yaw relative to roll and pitch, the mechanics of the game would probably vastly improve. but i don't think that then fits the style of game they've designed. the above looks great if it's just a small portion of a larger game. there is a place for battles like that, but an entire game focused around it - nope.

gothaggis thread not gothaggis poster... wait wut

also that game looks pointless and boring. it better have a fuckton more depth to it than that to be successful.

8160144735_0b53518074_m.jpg

90% of the people there are going to be watching league

im going to be watching from home

if you see any gas powered games/wargaming dudes, go to their booth. my cousin works for them.

man that was awkward as fuck when the keynote dude started crying when remembering about the time he got beat up in 5th grade

i wasn't really listening so i'm not sure of the story, but it seemed like his friends were stealing things from a store and he told on them, they came back and beat him up and no one defending him

the moral of the story seemed to be always stick up for your friends and sometimes its better to not do the right thing

i think it was directed towards the zoe quinn thing

do you want to be the type of person that picks people off the ground when they are down and say 'we'll get them next time'

or do you want to be the type of person that kicks someone when they are down

something like that

Last edited:
Back