parking tickets

Tyrone

Veteran X
is it pointless to fight them? i was cited for parking in a crosswalk (GAY) when i was easily 10-15 feet away from it and no yellow curb. i also live in an area where people constantly park basically on top of the crosswalk and ticketing them is unheard of.

i took pictures of my car before i moved it, though i'm not sure if the prosecutor will give a shit. the only reason im even considering wasting tiem to fight it is because it's $74.

anyone ever fight a parking ticket and win?

is it pointless to fight them? i was cited for parking in a crosswalk (GAY) when i was easily 10-15 feet away from it and no yellow curb. i also live in an area where people constantly park basically on top of the crosswalk and ticketing them is unheard of.

i took pictures of my car before i moved it, though i'm not sure if the prosecutor will give a shit. the only reason im even considering wasting tiem to fight it is because it's $74.

anyone ever fight a parking ticket and win?

Parking tickets are easier to fight, especially if you're going to take the time to gather evidence and attend a hearing. They'll usually just toss it.

I just got ticketed for being a month late on my inspection sticker. It's the first citation I've ever received. I didn't even get pulled over, they apparently nailed me with a security camera while I was driving and mailed the $50 ticket to my house. Gotta love technology. This "offense" added 2 points on my license as well.

Go Go Massachusetts!

this reminds me of the guy a while back who managed to get hit in the rear passenger door while turning right, supposedly from the right lane. i don't remember who it was though.

post pics.......and some sort of proof that you didn't move it before you took pics.

My roommate got pissed after getting a parking ticket and went hunting for the security vehicle used to cite him. He then slashed its tires and smashed its windshield. That is one way of going about it.

Parking tickets are easier to fight, especially if you're going to take the time to gather evidence and attend a hearing. They'll usually just toss it.

I just got ticketed for being a month late on my inspection sticker. It's the first citation I've ever received. I didn't even get pulled over, they apparently nailed me with a security camera while I was driving and mailed the $50 ticket to my house. Gotta love technology. This "offense" added 2 points on my license as well.

Go Go Massachusetts!

Hey, guess what? If you vehocle was in a personal property trust, they couldn't have proven it was you.....but I'm sure they would have sent the ticket anyway. So nevermind :/

:mad:

Pay the ticket and then MOVE out of the city writing the commissioners and mayor saying you left. Boycott downtown areas that have ridiculous parking restrictions. It's a trap to make the city money, but what they don't realize, is people MOVE after getting shit on.

This just happened to a friend I know. He was in Miami for an interview. Parked in a metered spot, but it was a loading zone. They towed his car, costed $113 to get it back plus a $24 parking ticket from the city. It's a really stupid thing they do, have metered spots that have a sign under them saying loading zone, but at night they want them to work as regular spots for the restaurants. He recently MOVED to Broward county and got a job up here. No tax revenue for the city of Miami on gas, restaurants, tips, and sales tax. True story. He was so pissed when his car was towed, all he kept saying is, "I need to GTFO of here."

Pay the ticket and then MOVE out of the city writing the commissioners and mayor saying you left. Boycott downtown areas that have ridiculous parking restrictions. It's a trap to make the city money, but what they don't realize, is people MOVE after getting shit on.

This just happened to a friend I know. He was in Miami for an interview. Parked in a metered spot, but it was a loading zone. They towed his car, costed $113 to get it back plus a $24 parking ticket from the city. It's a really stupid thing they do, have metered spots that have a sign under them saying loading zone, but at night they want them to work as regular spots for the restaurants. He recently MOVED to Broward county and got a job up here. No tax revenue for the city of Miami on gas, restaurants, tips, and sales tax. True story. He was so pissed when his car was towed, all he kept saying is, "I need to GTFO of here."

way to show them! why don't you just MOVE to another country?

You are insane NGFM....

But yes after getting a retarded parking ticket I chose to go to the St. Paul instead of Minneapolis if both cites have an equivalent venue now.

there was a block where the first half of the block was no parking 6am to 6pm and the second half was no parking from 6am to 10pm with out permit. I parked at what I thought was before the change point at 7pm but got a ticket. The sign right next to my vehicle was illegible and I read the one on the wrong half of the block(on my way to the restaurant) apparently. $134 bucks. They will lose that much in food and drink taxes from me over the next year.

way to show them! why don't you just MOVE to another country?

People would if immigration laws were not so strict. As it is, you have to jump through hoops and it takes years before you can become a citizen of another country. But you can move to another city or state, which is what most people do.

I understand the general point you are trying to make, but that story is all over the place and a really bad way of explaining your point...

Maybe, but low and behold, look at this article that appeared today and look at what city is at the top. Miami.
U.S. Cities In Free Fall - Yahoo! Real Estate

My friend MOVED from Miami after getting his car towed. I just wrote the city with a "See I Told You So" letter including this thread. They won't write back and if they do they'll call me childish just like Ft. Lauderdale did. But look at the proof. When people get a stupid parking ticket and have their car towed, they GTFO of that city. There may be other reasons, but it's definitely a factor.

Here you can contest a parking ticket by mail. Just send a check for the violation and a letter with your explanation. If they believe you they won't cash the check. I've gotten out of a few that way.

i got ticketed for having headphones on while driving

apparently its legal to have only one ear covered but not two

bike cop came up to me while i was stopped at a red

I got a $35 parking ticket and it doubled before I knew it. I was so enraged, I decided
to fight it. Then the Clerk of the Court tells me it costs $110 for a court date.

Cities, counties, and all other municipalities NEED your money. And they're gonna get it.

Maybe, but low and behold, look at this article that appeared today and look at what city is at the top. Miami.

My friend MOVED from Miami after getting his car towed. I just wrote the city with a "See I Told You So" letter including this thread. They won't write back and if they do they'll call me childish just like Ft. Lauderdale did. But look at the proof. When people get a stupid parking ticket and have their car towed, they GTFO of that city. There may be other reasons, but it's definitely a factor.

wtf are you talking about? there is no proof of what you're saying. "I'll show the city by taking my tax dollars elsewhere, incurring moving costs, making my commute to work longer or having to find a new job." That's a much better idea than paying a $50 ticket because you can't fucking park right.

great, tampa/clearwater in 2nd

Back