Overwatch 2

Gandalf

Contributor
Veteran XX
Started playing OW2 a few weeks ago, after they announced it F2P. I owned the original game and played it a lot, but for some reason I stopped playing it a few years ago.

Game is still fun, I had forgotten how much fun I used to have playing it, Even with the handicap of playing on a console (Xbox series X) versus PC cross platform.

But, speaking of cross platform, it seems that MS decided to take control of that feature away from developers. Now, instead of deciding in the game if you want to complete in cross platform play, it's a global setting within the xbox itself, and it's all or nothing. At least with OW2, the setting is grayed out, you have to dive deep into the system settings to find the toggle on/off. And this settings is across all games.

If you do go and disable cross platform play in the xbox, your queue times in OW2 go from 5-10 seconds to infinity +1. Because almost no xbox players know about turning cross platform play, finding a game and other players is impossible.

So, I have to just suffer through playing against players with mouse/kb. I still manage to have fun. I mostly play D.Va, Symentra, Bastion, Mercy and Lucios.

so... y not just play on PC

also blizzard is dead, so watever this ow2 abomination is.. is an illusion of fun at best

so... y not just play on PC

also blizzard is dead, so watever this ow2 abomination is.. is an illusion of fun at best

I sit at my PC all day working. When I am done, I want to go veg out with the xbox in my recliner with my feet up and Jack Daniels by my side.

my setup is a headrest reclinable with 42" monitor... no need for me to move my ass to play games

... plus the female has taken over the tv setup :\

There’s some videos that show how to optimize your settings for the controller.
Overwatch 2: Best Controller Aiming Settings Techniques (PS5 PS4 Xbox - PC) - YouTube
It does play on the steam deck which you could hook up to your TV then have a mouse and keyboard sitting on a table.
Keyboard and mouse players will do better, one person making the video switched from Console.

The players today are crazy good because they practice in aiming rooms to where they get head shots every time.

Last edited:
Overwatch stopped being fun when they introduced ranked play.

Everyone stopped playing quick play and went to ranked to try and stroke their autism egos and I didn't play one match where people didn't drop in the middle of the game cause it wasn't going their way.

Ranked play shouldn't exist unless you have a team.

Overwatch can lick muh nuts.

Everyone stopped playing quick play and went to ranked to try and stroke their autism egos and I didn't play one match where people didn't drop in the middle of the game cause it wasn't going their way.

gfg

I don't play ranked. Games appear fairly quickly and are about as competitive as they used to be. It's rare that I run into a group that has zero clue how to play, or how to pick proper roles. Sometimes it's obvious that the players are complete morons and I'll drop because it's pointless to continue the match.

Back