Outrageous Gas Prices

Schwartzki

Veteran XV
I can not belive I payed $2.39 a gallon for regular unleaded gas today, and I live in Indiana one of the cheaper states, I think it is time for a motorcycle.

I think gas prices have gone up almost 20 cents in the past 3 weeks where I live. I can't remember gas ever rising in price so quickly.

they say its still not as expensive as a couple periods in the 80's i think? If you factor in inflation and whatnot.

gas is up to 99.9 cents in Canada on the coasts. It's 94.9 here in saskatoon, and this is just the start of spring....Summer gas prices are going to be over a dollar across the country most likely. that's just insane.

Huh wait... A gallon is something like 3.8 liters?
So that'd make it 0.63 $/l
Seeing that dollars are quite invaluable, thats DAMN cheap... Here it is about 1€/l

I'm sure I'm missing something...

I'm glad I bought gas and filled it up this morning, it was 2.03 a gallon when I bought it, as I finished running errands and was headed in to work it was 2.34 at the cheap gas stations :(

Its getting retarded. I've seen gas prices here in Falls Church, VA go from like $1.89 to $2.28 in only a few short weeks.

Thank god most everywhere I need to go is next to the Metro.

At least it's been fairly steady here in Vermont for the past couple of months so I don't get any pump shocks. However, it is still more than what I'd like to pay (averaging around $2.05/gallon for premium the past few weeks)

Phantom88 said:
Are your gas prices really that low?
Man I had no idea...
Keep in mind, unlike a lot of the rest of the world, the US actually DOES get a lot of it's Oil from our own land/interests. Or at least a healthy portion of it, not enough to sustain us if imports ceased, but enough to keep prices from skyrocketing normally. But yeah this is ridiculous the jumps that keep happening lately.

Schwartzki: I meant to post that I'm in Cleveland, Ohio...so don't think it's just Indiana or anything. :(

Back