Our office garage is a piece of shit (here is a pic)

Trinston

Veteran XV
Dear Tenants,

Please be advised that the 304-A Parking Garage is CLOSED. We encourage that you tell your employees to please use the parking lots and do not enter the garage during this time. We are working around the clock to have the garage open for you as soon as possible. If you have any questions or concerns please contact our office. Thank you very much for your patience and cooperation. Have a wonderful day!

This was just built over the summer. The garage has the worst design I have ever seen with 2 narrow openings and completely awful parking spaces that have no pattern. I am glad this fucker went down.

garagep.jpg

Then you're working with shitty companies? I've yet to see an engineer or architect sign off on something that really shouldn't be signed off on.

Im not saying that corners aren't cut, because they most definitely are, in every aspect of construction, but Im saying that when it comes to structural integrity, reputable engineers and architects stand to lose everything if they cut corners.

Everybody cuts corners, but I've yet to hear of a major building needing to be shut down because of shoddy workmanship or poor design. Shit happens, but whens the last time a highrise just fell over for no reason? (using extremes here, duh, but whatever)

lol

Also I just realized a better name for this thread:
"How high could a parking garage be built before it fails?"
3 stories

i read the title as "in our office garbage is a piece of shit (here is a pic)"

to be blunt, i'd be lying if i said i'm not a bit disappointed

Nobody parks on the 3rd level, few people use the 2nd. I don't know if it fell through to the 1st. Based off an email it sounds like a car was smashed on the 2nd level.

That would suck if it collapsed onto the entrance/exit ramp and you couldn't get your car out from the 2nd deck

I bet the dude piling up the snow with the skid-steer loader shit his pants. He left the lights on.

well its a good thing not too many people parked on the top level because it looks like it couldn't even hold a little snow.

They were moving snow around last night, probably safe to say they had a pile going there. They were throwing most of the snow off the garage onto the ground below, there are piles pushing up against the pylons. I am hoping the whole things somehow collapses

Back