Opsayo: Proof that even asian can be retarded

lobby12.gif

You seem to think body mass and speed are the only things that matter

Seriously, get back to the playground kid
No, I said that if you want your muscles to be worth more, you do things in addition to weight training to get them in shape and more efficient (read speed and conditioning where muscles are concerned), at which point I tried to explain that the amount of force you generate is dependent on both your strength and the speed at which you can apply it, at which point Darkstrand started flaming, and you brought up momentum (a product of... hey! speed and mass, dumbshit :rolleyes:), and then started attacking my knowledge of how things work in football. Since the discussion was about, well, speed vs. body mass, those are the things I've paid the most attention to. And simple speed can, and often does, negate a difference in mass without even bringing in other factors, so kindly shut the fuck up.

If you want to work in shit like pain tolerance, rage, stubbornness and all the other factors you currently have in mind, fine. Doesn't change a thing about what I said, they're their own separate thing.

The great thing about TW fitness threads is that every member of this community considers themselves an expert of unparalleled and monumental knowledge of all things pertaining to diet, exercise, muscle physiology, and the time-space continuum.

Fine, let's talk just speed and body mass.

In order for you (175) to have the same momentum as a guy that's 225, you need to be something like 25% faster than him.

Good luck

In order for you (175) to have the same momentum as a guy that's 225, you need to be something like 25% faster than him.

Good luck

Come on, you know better than to fight trolls with logic.

Use fire or acid!

Good luck
Nah, I just have to be 25% faster than him when I hit him. Not too hard. Since I'm an OLB, the only time they're coming straight at me is if they're coming through a B or C gap, in which case he won't have more momentum in the opposite direction that I'm hitting him from unless I did a shitty read, or he somehow accelerates as fast as a guy 50 pounds lighter than him (in which case I'd be fucked no matter what, since anybody who can accelerate like that can run fast, too). Unlikely outside of pro ball. If he's that big and he's full speed by the time I hit him, I'm doing something wrong. Ignoring other factors, of course ;)

Last edited:
I was a DE and it was not hard to take down 230-250 lb if you get low enough under their center of gravity. of course one of them also dislocated my knee cap once.

No, but you talking about your strategy for taking on a blocker clearly indicates you aren't worried about getting your knees taken out

also he kind of glossed over the fact that he claimed how awesome his training regimen was for fighting

do tell

FB with the ball? That's definitely high school :rofl:
:rofl: Depends on the team. Fullbacks are typically the bigger guys you were talking about, though some RB's are up there, too. Depending on the game situation, some teams will put their typical fullback in as runningback if he can run. Saves their RB from having to do a smash-and-grind in a short-yardage situation, for example. I'd still consider him a FB, even though he's being handed the ball.

Last edited:
also he kind of glossed over the fact that he claimed how awesome his training regimen was for fighting

do tell
:rolleyes: I said it was a good idea to work a punching bag and/or swim in addition to lifting weights, because it keeps the muscle from bunching up around the joints as much and gets it accustomed to extensive use besides just lifting. Any objections, or am I okay on this one? Aight cool, thanks.

Back